The New Nvidia 1180 card

Whats the usual time frame between the XX80 release and the XX80Ti?

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

6-9 month iirc

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

https://www.pcgamesn.com/graphics-card-shipments-40-percent-down?amp This could be good news...I've been hoping for the crypto currency market to take some serious hits. This will certainly help us all

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Video cards are not investments. It will have a negative return on "investment" the moment you open the box.

You should wait to purchase a video card until the 1180 comes out.

Thank you for making me realize that "investment" not right word. Yup, I would wait for 1180 instead.

Cheers

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Whether you use the word "investment" or "expenditure" doesn't matter to me, the effect is the same: how much money do I have to spend over a given amount of time to enjoy my flight sims. Over all of these years, I have been able to build a new system about every 5 to 7 years for about $1,500 with about 2 gpu upgrades between new systems. Pretty much every gpu I have ever bought has been between $200 and $300 and all of them were ATi/AMD Radeon gpus until now.

I ended up getting a 1080 GTX for $470 before the miners stripped out the supply and drove the prices through the roof. It was the best performance/price ratio for support of 4K monitors and VR, but I would have never bought it for $600.

I wanted to get another 1080 GTX for my son's PC so he could have his own Rift VR, but $1,200 for the same card I got for $470 was insane. Prices seem to be back to the $600 level, but I am not going to pay the original list price for a card that is already old and should be obsolete.

I haven't decided whether I am going to upgrade my PC with a next gen card and give my son the 1080 GTX I already have, build a whole new system with a next gen card, or wait for a good deal on a 1080 GTX (or Ti) as the new cards drive the prices down on the old cards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]