Still unable to move...

Trying to do the Takeoff Instant Action and able to get the aircraft to move. I don't have the pedals hooked up at all to the brakes. Only a button on the stick. I decrease brake all the way and nothing. Is there a parking brake that I am some how missing? I have also tried to use the mouse wheel on the stick, still nothing. HELP!!

Use CTRL-ENTER and check what inputs are being applied. Try tapping the 'W' key and see if the brakes are applied and then released.

Edited by Maulkin

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

If the brakes are applied, you should see it in the split hydraulic indicator. Both the lower indicator hands will be up and nearly horizontal.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Trying to do the Takeoff Instant Action and able to get the aircraft to move. I don't have the pedals hooked up at all to the brakes. Only a button on the stick. I decrease brake all the way and nothing. Is there a parking brake that I am some how missing? I have also tried to use the mouse wheel on the stick, still nothing. HELP!!

Sorry if this is too evident but are you applying throttle?

I was about to test the Spit in Nevada and had the same problem. Might be a DCS Alpha problem? Other things that I noticed was:

- Trim wheel stuck

- Mirror black

- Break "grab/handle?" not moving.

And all this in Alpha, no problems in Beta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro - Asus Z370 Prime A - i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz - 32 GB DDR4 - Nvidia GTX 1080 - Oculus Rift CV1 - HOTAS Warthog - CH Pro Pedals

Puukko - Kossu - HK Sininen Lenkki

Always say which version of the game You've encountered the problem in. The latest update for 2.0.x made the game unplayable for many users, with various systems of various planes being broken for good.

1.5.6 is still good, though.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Check to see if you have any axises conflicting with each other. The spit works just fine for me both in 1.5.6 and 2.0.5 latest. I had a similar issue when I bound a wheel brake to my rudder pedal toe brakes and to the warthog paddle switch.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Guys...For many of us it just doesn't work period. We can do any and all of the things that all of you are suggesting, but it's just broken.

Unfortunately, those of us who are suffering this bug are just going to have to wait for the fix to come out. It's not looking to promising at this moment.

post a track then?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

post a track then?

Mind You, considering the track files' structure and how they work, the same file will play different on computer with good 2.0.x install vs another computer with corrupted 2.0.x install. So in this particular case, posting a track won't help.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Depending on how complicated the mission is, yes...but since this is just a simple thing, it should work. Hell, even if one just streamed it to youtube or something.

My wallpaper and skins

For some of users even the most simple things do not work at all with their last week's 2.0.5 update (like various planes not even firing up, controls not moving and whatnot). Let's hope today's binaries are going to fix the game for this unfortunate part of our community.

As others said, not your fault. Wait for new alpha, coming out today.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

As others said, not your fault. Wait for new alpha, coming out today.

It has been out for many hours. It did not address any of these issues.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It has been out for many hours. It did not address any of these issues.

Which really means its likely not an issue, but a problem on the clients side. Im willing to bet that its most certainly a key binding conflict in and of itself.

My wallpaper and skins

I tried this, with both Instant Action - Takeoff, as will es a mission I created with starting from runway. I've not had an issue with either.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I tried the Spit this morning after getting the latest build yesterday afternoon, the instant action takeoff mission is borked for me in this build of 2.0

Plane will not move period. Does not even nose over at full boost as it normally would if brakes applied. Seems to be just anchored to the concrete. Brake gauges working fine and show when brakes applied or not.

I was able to take off in this mission in the previous build. Well on second thought - at least I am pretty sure I could, can't say with 100% certainly I did this instant action takeoff mission in the previous build to this one.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Has anyone one tried just making a basic mission themselves instead of using the quick start missions?

My wallpaper and skins

Yes, that's what I said a couple of post ago.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Shot in the dark, but someone try turning the oxygen on and see if that helps. My controls turn off after a while when I gain altitude - and I mean all of them - and after I click on the butterfly valve, I can move my controls.

The butterfly valve is located on the upper left corner between 2 gauges under the dash.

My wallpaper and skins

I also have this problem & turning the oxygen valve doesn't help i'm just stuck. Also at cold start moving the throttle forward the landing gear lights and fuel pressure light does not come on? can anyone help with that?

Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//

For those that have not seen it, BIGNEWY has uploaded binaries for some modules that were experiencing issues in 2.0.

The Spitfire binary fixed all my problems with the plane in 2.0, namely being unable to move on the runway and rudder trim wheel not animating.

You can find the binaries in this thread - first post.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|