HOTAS controls for external lights?

Nealius

The other day I saw a video of a Harrier recovery at night on an LHA/LHD, and noticed how they handled external lights:

Approach: position lights on, anti-collision lights off, formation lights off

Trap: position lights off, formation lights on for taxi

What I noticed, is that the formation lights turned on immediately, from 0 to 100. IIRC in DCS we have an intensity knob for the formation lights, so when we turn them on they're going to graduate from 0 to 100 and not simple go from off to on. This is making me wonder if there's a "black out switch" on the throttle or stick in the Harrier, but I wasn't able to find anything in the manuals or controls list.

The other day I saw a video of a Harrier recovery at night on an LHA/LHD, and noticed how they handled external lights:

Approach: position lights on, anti-collision lights off, formation lights off

Trap: position lights off, formation lights on for taxi

What I noticed, is that the formation lights turned on immediately, from 0 to 100. IIRC in DCS we have an intensity knob for the formation lights, so when we turn them on they're going to graduate from 0 to 100 and not simple go from off to on. This is making me wonder if there's a "black out switch" on the throttle or stick in the Harrier, but I wasn't able to find anything in the manuals or controls list.

There is. It's left of the throttle on the wall, can remember what's it's called though

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

The master switch that goes from OFF - NVG - ON?

correct

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift