How good does 2.5 Look?

Breezy

Well, let me tell ya...

I fly T-38s for the US Airforce. After a week of training, we'll typically settle down in the flight room, turn on the beer light, and share stories and lessons learned from the week. We'll also usually throw up some videos of our favorite jets, just for some motivation. So, yesterday we were chilling and watching videos. One of our instructors is a former F-15C driver, so we are going through F-15 videos. Lo and Behold, we come across X-stounds excellent Where Eagles Fly video, posted by Matt.

I recognized the video and DCS right away of course, but what blew me away is that in this room full of pilots, we got nearly a full minute into the video before folks started realizing it wasn't real life! Haha I suppose they never noticed the disclaimer at the beginning. One of our German instructors even recognized the fact that it was Nellis, and proudly said he had flown there before!

So hats off to the DCS team. Your work on aircraft modelling, Nevada, and DCS in general was able to impress a room full of slightly inebriated fighter pilots!

Edited by BIGNEWY
fixed youtube link

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=189354&page=10

I was thinking along similar lines earlier today, when i saw NRG-Vampire's images from the F-18C.

Having flown flight simulators since home PCs first became a thing, and yes i am that old, i can't help thinking that we sometimes take the massive advances that have been made for granted, particularly in DCS World.

You're right, the eye candy is excellent and you can easily fall into the trap of thinking that they are images of real aircraft.

I'm a VR freak and currently love to fly the A10C and even though that tends to compromise the resolution somewhat, the immersion is still pretty awesome and with the next generation of headsets not being too far off, that will signal an even better experience for peeps like me that have never and will never get the chance to fly the real thing.

ah yeah, you're right. It's the Air versions

Ahh, so is that an AI F15E we're seeing in the video footage or can we actually use an F15E in this game somehow?

Yes, it is very likely an AI that you see. We can not fly this F-15E unless you download a mod or wait for RAZBAM to complete their F-15E.

I don't think I've seen that one, just AMAZING. Thank you for sharing, these videos always give me the itch.

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900K * MSI RTX 4070 * Oculus Rift S * Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 X64 Home * 64 Gb Ram * TM Warthog Combo & Saitek Pro-Rudders :joystick:

I've been rounding up screenshots lately since I can't fly yet, with the right lighting and just a tiny bit of post processing, a high resolution screenshot is nearly impossible to separate from a photograph of the real thing. I've been sending them to people and they really can't tell at a glance.

That's an old video btw, not 2.5 it didn't even have PBR yet. They'd REALLY be impressed now

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Well, let me tell ya...

I fly T-38s for the US Airforce.......So, yesterday we were chilling and watching videos. One of our instructors is a former F-15C driver, so we are going through F-15 videos. Lo and Behold, we come across X-stounds excellent Where Eagles Fly video, posted by Matt.....

I recognized the video and DCS right away of course, but what blew me away is that in this room full of pilots, we got nearly a full minute into the video before folks started realizing it wasn't real life! ......

So hats off to the DCS team. Your work on aircraft modelling, Nevada, and DCS in general was able to impress a room full of slightly inebriated fighter pilots!

This post should be put somewhere on a special place on the Forum here..

It's simply one of the most authentic DCS compliments Iv'e seen for a long time, and it's from real USAF guys !!

I can imagine Wags and the ED Team reading this with a big grin :)

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

After a week of training, we'll typically settle down in the flight room, turn on the beer light,,,,,,, in this room full of pilots, we got nearly a full minute into the video before folks started realizing it wasn't real life

It's because of the beer :D

Edited by Demon_

Attache ta tuque avec d'la broche.