Saved Games folders which is current?

Whistler_RIO

In my Saved Games folder, since openalpha, there is 3 folders:

DCS

DCS.openalpha

DCS_AJS37

Only the openalpha folder seems to have most files in it. the other two have scripts folders and some mods folders.

which of course makes sense, since most third-party tools (Tacview, SimpleRadio, Vaicom) are going to look for the DCS folder. So how do we clean this up? How are you guys running it? Why cant I find anybody else asking about this question in forums?

Most likely because majority switched to DCS 2.5, so the only folders we have there are "DCS" and/or "DCS.OpenBeta".

It's worth noting, however, that when one converts one version of the game into another, the folders in Saved Games location do NOT get renamed accordingly. We can't answer your question, 'cause we don't know what's your update history - maybe you converted your OA into something else months ago and that's why it has most content in it?

Anyway, it's not difficult to figure out - remove one of them at a time temporarily and launch the game - you'll quickly notice which removal resets the game to stock state.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Ya, thanks a lot. I did that and it worked out that only the DCS.openalpha is needed.

My update history is simple. ive been on 2.x since it launched, with this one install. hell ive not even reinstalled this OS in 4 years because of all the BS it takes to sort out the license keys when you've owned some of these modules since before Obama.

So, right now my install is in a folder named "DCS World 2 OpenAlpha" as well as the registry key is named that, and the SavedGames folder, but im actually running OpenBeta latest. (and it runs fine really. the only problems come up with third-partys like VAICOM)

I mean, am I the only person that is scared to reinstall? I have like every map, most of the modules, over 180GB installed, and it all works so good. my HOTAS and mods, all working right! it upgraded from 1.5 to 2.0 then 2.5 and never failed me.

are we really reinstalling because they couldn't figure out how to do a install-script that renames folders approporiately and cleans up registry? how, with all the talk they did about 'graceful planned upgrade-path', is this actually an issue?