Statics on the Stennis

FOXFIRE TWOONE

How many have you been able to place on the carrier, and what is your best method? It to me an hour to get two where I wanted them. I don't spend much time doing this kinked of thing but I got bored with seeing an empty deck. :pilotfly:

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

I placed 20 on deck. Took me about two hours of tweaking to get all of them down. I'm pretty sure the template made it into this update. When in the mission editor if you click on the SAT button on the bottom of the screen it should give you a picture from the top down to make placement easier. I can't confirm right now since I'm at work, but can once I get home.

I've got a mission I'm working on with 11 aircraft on the flight deck, but that's just a first attempt. There are a couple templates in the user downloads, so I mapped the location of each static parked aircraft using the range-and-bearing tool. I still had to do some tweaking to get the planes where I wanted them, but it looks a lot better than an empty deck.

Edit: Holy hell, I never thought to use the SAT button to get a top down image to work with. Thanks for that whopper of a tip!

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

I've got a mission I'm working on with 11 aircraft on the flight deck, but that's just a first attempt. There are a couple templates in the user downloads, so I mapped the location of each static parked aircraft using the range-and-bearing tool. I still had to do some tweaking to get the planes where I wanted them, but it looks a lot better than an empty deck.

Edit: Holy hell, I never thought to use the SAT button to get a top down image to work with. Thanks for that whopper of a tip!

Thanks for the heads up on the templates.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

it's time consuming to say the least to do it yourself. however very dooable. i had a problem with one of the templates i downloaded when i would change the skins on the placed aircraft they would now sink the bottom of the ship and just float sticking half out of it. (shoulda took a screen) so i started making my own as many others have.

another issue i ran into is depending on where you put things if youre going to have more than one person joining, as my player 2 spawned where a static aircraft was on elevator 2.

I placed 20 on deck. Took me about two hours of tweaking to get all of them down. I'm pretty sure the template made it into this update. When in the mission editor if you click on the SAT button on the bottom of the screen it should give you a picture from the top down to make placement easier. I can't confirm right now since I'm at work, but can once I get home.

How did you make a template with static objects? Afaik you can't place static objects in a group to save in a template.

I looked in the list of templates from this update, and I don't see anything for the carrier.

+1 love to know how this work

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

There is an easier way - I just opened the single player carrier take off missions in each map in the mission editor ,these missions have static planes on the Stennis already done by the DCS team, I then just removed anything in the mission not need along with the 4x F18's in the mission that fly of the Carrier, and saved it as a mission template for carrier missions.

Sorry folks, I misread the patch notes and the "ME added static template" had me thinking the carrier overlay was back. I will upload my mission with the carrier set up with statics to this post in a few hours. It's only on the Caucasus map right now but should give you a good idea how things should be placed.

Edited by Repth

There is an easier way - I just opened the single player carrier take off missions in each map in the mission editor ,these missions have static planes on the Stennis already done by the DCS team, I then just removed anything in the mission not need along with the 4x F18's in the mission that fly of the Carrier, and saved it as a mission template for carrier missions.

This ^^^

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Creator of:

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" 1998 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213788

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" July 2001 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215950

Pilot avatars for DCS Logbook

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221160

How to make a DCS A-10C Panel

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=65998

Just in case you didn't know.

You can (though its not static) add AI planes with no fuel and no task. Then you can select "Auto" and they will be placed correctly without all the manual fiddling. They won't start their engine, they won't move. They just sit there and wait.

Just a quick and dirty method.

Is it possible to change the position mid-mission? It would be perfect if you could launch with aircraft parked in the recovery area and land with aircraft crowding the starboard bow.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, ASUS X570-PLUS, NVidia RTX 2080, 32GB DDR4 @2400MHz, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Corsair H100i cooler, Oculus Rift S.

Just in case you didn't know.

You can (though its not static) add AI planes with no fuel and no task. Then you can select "Auto" and they will be placed correctly without all the manual fiddling. They won't start their engine, they won't move. They just sit there and wait.

Just a quick and dirty method.

Yes, but it does take more computer power to render them. The static objects are lighter on frames.

Is it possible to change the position mid-mission? It would be perfect if you could launch with aircraft parked in the recovery area and land with aircraft crowding the starboard bow.

I was thinking about this, and maybe using a late activation of a new carrier with differently placed static aircraft with a corresponding deactivation of the previous carrier would work.

I used one of the miz files with the layout done which I downloaded from the user files, then added an armed speedboat group of 50 units, moved them over the statics and saved the armed speedboat group to a template, seems to work ok.

Is there a way to group the statics with the carrier in ME and move them all at the same time, if you don't like the carrier starting position?

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Is there a way to group the statics with the carrier in ME and move them all at the same time, if you don't like the carrier starting position?

Yes, as long as the other units have the option "link to unit" ticked, and the unit name selected is the Stennis (or whatever you've called it) then the whole lot can be dragged around the ME map with ease.

Although less than ideal at the moment, with a bit of practice it's not too difficult to place and align statics on the carrier.

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

Yes, as long as the other units have the option "link to unit" ticked, and the unit name selected is the Stennis (or whatever you've called it) then the whole lot can be dragged around the ME map with ease.

Although less than ideal at the moment, with a bit of practice it's not too difficult to place and align statics on the carrier.

Thank you. I'll give it a try tonight

Where in ME can one set/view the TACAN channel? I just can’t find it when looking at a copy of an Instant Actiion .miz.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64