Pimax 8k VR

Shack

Hornet has me thinking of sinking a few bills into the Pimax 8K.

"Oh how the dominoes keep falling ... " :thumbup:

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm a backer of the 8K. They just sent out the first test units of the final prototype to a very select few. Hoping to have it in a couple months. Retail would be I'm assuming a few months after that. Hard to say.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

The problem is... even the low resolution we have now is performance limiting for 99% of even top-end PCs. How on earth is our current hardware going to drive even more pixels and remain even vaguely playable or enjoyable?

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

The problem is... even the low resolution we have now is performance limiting for 99% of even top-end PCs. How on earth is our current hardware going to drive even more pixels and remain even vaguely playable or enjoyable?

This. It'll make sense in 2 - 5 years but not yet, not for DCS.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

Well gents, you need to look at the reality of PD. I don't know that but a few a currently running 1.0 PD. I personally am at 1.3-1.5 with MSAA. That means I am running a huge amount more resolution than at 1.0. What Pimax will offer with its upgraded resolution is the ability to run at 1.0 PD. That means that I will get the same performance (or close to it) as I do running the Rift at 1.3 - 1.5. There is no inability to run DCS with a Pimax.

Given that, I certainly am going to buy the 1180 or whatever its called when it comes out in the next couple months but I would do that anyway.

Here's a great thread about DP and resolution from this very site: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=170126

Edited by Gladman

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I think the key is "upscaling" a lower resolution to a high resolution display. This way, the GPU isn't being taxed excessively, but the resulting image is very sharp because of the higher pixel density of the higher resolution screens.

I haven't seen an upscaler yet, but this is the most logical step to get increased performance AND increased graphical details.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is anyone even able to see the meatball using VR? The pixel density is extremely low in any current headset today.

I see it but I am bit closer than I thing I should be when I do

Alienware Aurora R7 Intel Core i7-8700K CPU, 32GB ram Nvidia 1070 Windows 10 Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Well I watched till I kept hearing him say I can't tell you anything... that was enough for me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Too bad he couldn't really review anything yet. Hopefully, we'll see content review shortly.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Well you have to recognize he is really good at it

I wouldn’t be able to speak 32 minutes without saying anything

What was that? Just to be the first to physically show the lenses? 6 or 8 times of "NDA prevents me from saying anything right now..."

It could have been wrapped up in 6 minutes, TOPS. Well, let's hope for real content when the testers get the greenlight. It's not the reviewers fault because Pimax gave them an NDA, but it *is* the reviewers fault for having a 30m video about nothing.

Edited by hansangb
the the -> not the

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Some people can't hear anything even on the full revealed because they just don't want too.

What did you hear?

I heard the same thing hansangb heard... nothing.

That vid was just clickbait.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

What did I hear?

I here product is here and it looks like just like they promise. For some deeper testing, we just need to wit the tester first report to Pimax so they can decide are going public with M1 or we need to wit for M2 if it is necessary.

For that, we will need to wit week or two. The device is here, it is existing and it is real and it proves how some rumors about the Pimax8K scam is more than exaggerated.

What did I hear?

I here product is here and it looks like just like they promise. For some deeper testing, we just need to wit the tester first report to Pimax so they can decide are going public with M1 or we need to wit for M2 if it is necessary.

For that, we will need to wit week or two. The device is here, it is existing and it is real and it proves how some rumors about the Pimax8K scam is more than exaggerated.

You just said as much as the video... and it didn't take you 32 minutes. :)

I don't think the Pimax headset is a scam and I'm hoping it's great, I'm just annoyed at YouTubers who waste half an hour telling me as much as a screenshot and two lines of text.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

What did I hear?

And I wrote "What was that? Just to be the first to physically show the lenses? 6 or 8 times of NDA prevents me from saying anything right now...

It could have been wrapped up in 6 minutes, TOPS. Well, let's hope for real content when the testers get the greenlight. It's not the reviewers fault because Pimax gave them an NDA, but it *is* the reviewers fault for having a 30m video about nothing."

So we're in agreement, it looks like.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

And I wrote "What was that? Just to be the first to physically show the lenses? 6 or 8 times of NDA prevents me from saying anything right now...

It could have been wrapped up in 6 minutes, TOPS. Well, let's hope for real content when the testers get the greenlight. It's not the reviewers fault because Pimax gave them an NDA, but it *is* the reviewers fault for having a 30m video about nothing."

Yeah that was pretty bad really.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|