Are those Controller setting files compatible between 1.5 and 2.5 and other branches?

bin801

To save time, I did copy keyboard & stick assignment files from 1.5 and paste into openAlpha. But when I enter openAlpha and load the setting file, it looks like none or just a few buttons assignment were loaded, even no one loaded.

Is the controller assignment file compatible in different openBeta, openAlpha ???

If yes, why I failed to load them??

Does anyone met same situation? what step I miss?

Thank You!

Unable to save or load controller profiles

I think I have the same issue. I could not find my old profiles after converting to 2.5. So, when I tried to make my new profiles for my controller (Thristmaster 1600) per aircraft, I was not able to save them..apparently.

Bin, let's narrow down which versions are we talking about, 'cause in the title of your post you mention 2.5, but in the post itself you write about Open alpha, which would be 2.2 - so maybe you're copying the controller assignments to the wrong place or run the wrong install of the game?

Unless the latest 2.5.1 changed anything, copying and pasting between branches should still work. For release version of the game Saved Games/DCS/Config/Input/ is the source location and one should be able to just copy all contents of it to Saved Games/DCS.Openbeta/Config/Input folder for desired effect.

I don't know, however, what's the name of location of 1.5 files for those guys, who opted for keeping the old 1.5 and new 2.5 release at the same time.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Bin, let's narrow down which versions are we talking about, 'cause in the title of your post you mention 2.5, but in the post itself you write about Open alpha, which would be 2.2 - so maybe you're copying the controller assignments to the wrong place or run the wrong install of the game?

Unless the latest 2.5.1 changed anything, copying and pasting between branches should still work. For release version of the game Saved Games/DCS/Config/Input/ is the source location and one should be able to just copy all contents of it to Saved Games/DCS.Openbeta/Config/Input folder for desired effect.

I don't know, however, what's the name of location of 1.5 files for those guys, who opted for keeping the old 1.5 and new 2.5 release at the same time.

Thank you for your reply

I tried two times and give up, long time ago, so as I remembered, I tried to copy controller assignment profile from 1.5 to "2.0 openAlpha" and "2.5 openBeta"

DCS/Config/Input/ yes as I remembered I put them in the correct path, I will try again.

Because I'v uninstall 1.5, I will try again from 2.0 openAlpha to 2.5 openBeta, to see it works or not.

Thank you, this is first time I get a sure answer for this question and sure path, (rush to fly, I didn't ask before) So I'll try.

Appreciate!