DCS WORLD staff: make complaints about Suzhou fighter aircraft in DCSWORLD game.

wangfei

Sincerely write to DCS world staff:

Tucao make complaints about suck fighters in the DCSWORLD game. I wonder if you know that SU27 fighters and MIG29 fighters are simply weak. The gap between r77 air-to-air missile and 120c is huge. I don't know if it is like this in real war. If it is true in real war, Su27 and mig29 are the living coffins of pilots. Mig29's photoelectric and radar are similar to the blind in air combat. Its detection ability is extremely poor. The performance of ER and r77 missiles of Su27 is also very different from that of 120c. It is only through DCS world that we can understand why the sales volume of Soviet style fighters is not high in the world, and why Russia's south alliance war was defeated. From DCS world, we feel a declining military industry! I hope ED staff don't mind my saying this, because I know that the Soviet style fighters are not so vulnerable!

I hope ed company can face up to my question. I think it's to flatter the business of the West (you can buy more American simulators such as (F18 \ F16, F15C) and belittle the Soviet aircraft. I just want to ask Putin if he always knows that, ha ha ha~~~

I'm an old player playing Su27 and mig29s. I've been flying Soviet airplanes from flank troops to lock on and DCS world. However, as soon as the 2.0 Soviet airplanes are at a disadvantage, the number of people who lead all servers to simulate the Soviet airplanes gradually decreases. Now few people are experiencing mig29s and Su27. What a pity!

First I'd advise you to refrain from political comments.

You'd think that it's good to compare DCS to other games where PvP plays major role but it's not. DCS aircraft are about proper simulation as close to real life as possible not to make even grounds for some balanced play. Most modules are builts from different years and not easily comparable. Keep in mind that you'd need GCI to use the russian birds properly in their role - certainly not as long wolves. Missiles are still WIP. With all that said it's really the pilot skill and group tactics that plays major role here not who's stick is longer.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Well, I agree with you that of course, we don't need to talk about politics, so we should be joking. The "balance" I stressed is also interesting. From lockon 1.12a, our team held friendly exchanges with many countries. Later, after 2.0, the balance of Sumerian and American airplanes was lost, and the players decreased a lot, and the natural interest was lost.

...However, as soon as the 2.0 Soviet airplanes are at a disadvantage, the number of people who lead all servers to simulate the Soviet airplanes gradually decreases. Now few people are experiencing mig29s and Su27. What a pity!

... Multiplayer Servers are full of people that only want to win, thus they choose the aircraft they feel gives them an edge ... on my opinion, they are gamers at heart and dont care about history or simulation.

If you want to enjoy the less modern aircrafts, I suggest to do so on Single Player mode ... there you can focus DCS on the direction that you want: historic accuracy or learn the aircraft you love in maximum detail.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

... Multiplayer Servers are full of people that only want to win, thus they choose the aircraft they feel gives them an edge ... on my opinion, they are gamers at heart and dont care about history or simulation.

If you want to enjoy the less modern aircrafts, I suggest to do so on Single Player mode ... there you can focus DCS on the direction that you want: historic accuracy or learn the aircraft you love in maximum detail.

Isn 't the Internet the scene you' re talking about? So few people experience Su27 and mig29s, which I think is a pity.

Some people may not agree with me, but as an old player, I have to express my regret

I actually think it's the other way around, the "gamers" flying the russian hardware with their "easy mode radars" seem to have an edge to other hi-fid NATO jets. If you are getting shot down, improve yourself, don't blame the sim.

Also, I would suggest a lighter tone when creating posts in an official forum.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

I make complaints about the ability of MIG29S and SU27 to detect enemy planes, and the percentage of hits in R77 and R27ET missiles. How to control these two planes? I think I should have more experience than those who do not love flying Suzhou fighters. Please do not doubt my personal control technology. At least I have played for more than ten years. When ED just flew out of the simulation game, I was playing, so I think. I hope that more attention will be paid to my statement. In addition, the most puzzling thing about mig29s is why the HUD display content is the same as the MFD display content, which is very strange. I think the HUD display and MFD display side of Su27 are normal. I hope to forget that the ED official will carefully understand it. Finally, I hope ed officials or friends who love DCS world can do a little test to understand why I complain about mig29s and Su27 and how weak the weapons they carry, Test the hit rate of Su27 vs F15 Su27 with r27er \ r27et \ R73 and the 120c and 120b of F15. In order to be fair, both sides are driven by the same level AI. You will get amazing data. Su27 is weak. In addition, in the test of mig29s vs F16 \ F18, carry the hit rate of r77 / r27et / R73 and the 120c and 120b of F15. In order to be fair, both sides are driven by the same level AI, you will get amazing data. Mig29 is just a target machine.

Flaming cliffs 3 is clearly a different level of detail but I hear complaints over the planes? What is wrong with the planes performance? As for the missile differences. I don't know. but I do wonder how everyone else is so sure, except me? It's like i've missed some public information somewhere....i just can't seem to find it...

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Pikey I think your fine. Just multiplayer things. Some People will always be sceptical of FC3 performance. AFAIK the radars are simple but do have realistic performance in lock time, range, scan zone. And missiles are treated the same regardless of platform, as someone else here said if we had uptodate Russian birds and weapons the situation would be different, but with the equipment we have on DCS I think it’s pretty well accepted that the late Soviet era equipment we have just won’t stand up in terms of ECCM to the modern AMRAAM variants.

It’s also worse because of all the blue planes and work gets done, I’m hoping eventually the pendulum starts swinging the other way. They said they would start on R-27 in February, atleast last time I heard Chizh talk about it

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

1. If you are complaining about the inbalance, well this is more of a simulator rather than an air quake game, so balance probably is not the priority. Most of the jets in game are not matching peers in many cases even in real world scenario. If you are designing and managing an MP server, you can always easily balance both sides by mixing eastern and western jets, as a lot of MP servers do.

2. If you are complaining that the simulation of Su27/Mig29 and its missiles are not accurate, present your evidence if you have any to help ED. ED has been working on this all the time, not saying what they've done is good enough, but they are working on it, and your yelling isn't really helping...

The J-11 is actually not bad at all on some of the servers, and also the new JF-17.

Edited by ravenzino

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

The J-11 is actually not bad at all on some of the servers, and also the new JF-17.

Unless you use the Flanker like it's meant to be used. Sneak up and ET someone in EO, I still get a lot of kills in the hills with the Flanker.;) For now use the JF-17 and the remodeled missiles on both sides to go head to head. Had many hard realistic engagements against other good players online.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Again, missiles are in the work - no point in discussing it atm.

Mig-29 HDD is just that in the simulated version - a HUD repeater - so it's correct.

If you want balance and fairness don't fight with way newer aircraft and weapons. Give all the players the same aircraft and weapons.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

There are few valid points for SU-27 FF in DCS.

1. Aircraft did not appear in 2020 and beyond vid

2. Were getting F-15C FF (Pretty obvious with the way things are going F-16 F-18 F-14)

3. FC3 and MAC will be obsolete legacy like 1.2

4. Next year is 30 years of ED and ground breaking tech (SU-27 datalink)

5. All missiles getting updated with new API.

6. ED started off with flanker 2.0

Edited by Coxy_99

I dont think we will see the R27 family get much better on the review. The 120 got a little boost but actually I still find it much worse over the years. With Nick Grey saying on Reddit they want to reduce the effectiveness to bring fights in closer, I would say that nothing really will change to increase their effectiveness.

But honestly, I dont care, I don't find unstructured PvP much fun, i'd rather PvP my friends, and quite honestly, it's more about guidance which for both the ARH's is rubbish in effectiveness, anyone can kinematically defeat (even accidentally afk) the DCS missiles, the real contest is reducing the initial shot range and awareness of the opponent. Frankly IR missiles are better in most cases, even with the annoying AI. If this is what modern missiles are like then it's no wonder they have BFM schools like Top Gun.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder why we don’t have R-77 on SU-27 as SU-27 is a R-77 launch platform like many other planes Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21, Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23, Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25, Mikoyan MiG-29, Mikoyan MiG-31, Mikoyan MiG-35, Sukhoi Su-30, Sukhoi Su-33, Sukhoi Su-34, Sukhoi Su-35, Yakovlev Yak-141 and many more

I wonder why russian missiles are weaker then west missiles as we all know, even at the Pentagon, that R-77 is so much better than AIM-120.

I wonder why we don’t have the R-27 A and AE as SU-27 is a known launch platform of those weapons

« Well, this is more of a simulator rather than an air quake game, so balance probably is not the priority » wrote ravenzino. So why not reproduce reality ?

I wonder why the range of missiles is systematically reduced, in particular that of Russian missiles

And what about the Mig-29 HDD ? I don’t see the beautiful OTAN planes symbols on it to launch my R-77 in GCI.

I wonder why we don’t have R-77 on SU-27 as SU-27 is a R-77 launch platform like many other planes Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21, Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23, Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25, Mikoyan MiG-29, Mikoyan MiG-31, Mikoyan MiG-35, Sukhoi Su-30, Sukhoi Su-33, Sukhoi Su-34, Sukhoi Su-35, Yakovlev Yak-141 and many more

I wonder why russian missiles are weaker then west missiles as we all know, even at the Pentagon, that R-77 is so much better than AIM-120.

I wonder why we don’t have the R-27 A and AE as SU-27 is a known launch platform of those weapons

« Well, this is more of a simulator rather than an air quake game, so balance probably is not the priority » wrote ravenzino. So why not reproduce reality ?

I wonder why the range of missiles is systematically reduced, in particular that of Russian missiles

And what about the Mig-29 HDD ? I don’t see the beautiful OTAN planes symbols on it to launch my R-77 in GCI.

There is so much wrong with this post....

But in short, 'Su-27' is a generic term for a series of planes that has been in production for forty some odd years. ''They carry R-77s'' is a ridiculous oversimplification. What year, what model? Because they didn't ALL carry R-77s. The Su-27S model year we have does NOT. The J-11 (Chinese copy and update) DOES. Same applies for all those other planes you cited. And do not post a wikipedia link as evidence, nobody cares.

Regarding the MiG-29, that little screen is not a multifunction display or radar screen. It is a HUD repeater, a backup system. Nothing more. It may be different on OTHER models of MiG-29 (I don't know not an expert), but on THIS model it is NOT for the same reason: model and year.

As for how the missiles perform, it is widely known nearly ALL the missiles are off in performance details. That is why they are being reworked one by one in the same way they have updated old flight models and cockpits, etc.

And don't say ''even at the Pentagon it's known'' because that's complete bs and everybody knows it, including yourself.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

With Nick Grey saying on Reddit they want to reduce the effectiveness to bring fights in closer, I would say that nothing really will change to increase their effectiveness.

What...? Purposefully reducing missile performance? Do you have a link?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

What...? Purposefully reducing missile performance? Do you have a link?

Yeah, he said "Our goal is to move closer and closer" :megalol:

Yeah, he said "Our goal is to move closer and closer" :megalol:

He says "closer and closer to reality", not closer and closer as in WVR... Unless I'm missing missing something, this says nothing about missile ranges, but about their plans to improve their drag modeling.

If this is an r/woosh moment, please be kind, it's been a long day

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

You'll never get 100% accurate in a simulator unless you have the full feature clearance and manufacturer involvement with actual live tests and sensors installed on the missle to capture things from top to bottom, among many other things.

Well, full feature in terms of flying, doesn't mean they would need to disclose warhead details, so this may actually work, still sensetive but perhaps less.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Soviet Union fighter aircraft have their glory days but you need to pinpoint the exact date and make the mission with the exactly right armament for both sides. You will rarely find a battle that includes all the arms in DCS World at one point in real time. There is a spread sheet made up on the forum here somewhere that pinpoints dates for the aircraft and armament you can use. Personally I think ED should do more job on presenting what is for any date in time, should maybe be a selection in ME so you only can choose between released armaments in the set date time.

Soviet Union fighter aircraft have their glory days but you need to pinpoint the exact date and make the mission with the exactly right armament for both sides. You will rarely find a battle that includes all the arms in DCS World at one point in real time. There is a spread sheet made up on the forum here somewhere that pinpoints dates for the aircraft and armament you can use. Personally I think ED should do more job on presenting what is for any date in time, should maybe be a selection in ME so you only can choose between released armaments in the set date time.

I agree, but I also disagree with removing things away strict even if possible in reality but happens to not be a "common practice by XYZ branch of the military".

Some things were removed off F/A-18C or something, perhaps okay for Lot 20, when we have a higher Lot then those weapons should be available there.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria