DCS 2.5.6 AND VPC AIRFIELD EQUIPMENT

Honestly, I don't know. Perhaps I will fix it in small parts, gradually adding some objects. But I can't say when I will do it. And also I have to solve some problems with the changes which were in the update

Thank you!

One of the best mods i´ve seen (if not the best one).

Eager to see it updated/fixed.

Take your time.

Best regards,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

The mod seems to be working again after todays update ! :thumbup:

(Screenshots made with newest update)

Thank you ED for the fix !

Fantastic, I’m still downloading ... did you try the night lighting of the vpc objects?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The mod seems to be working again after todays update ! :thumbup:

(Screenshots made with newest update)

Thank you ED for the fix !

Unfortunately no. Lighting does not work, some objects and shaders cause an error and drop the DCS. Mistakes are mainly at night.

Unfortunately no. Lighting does not work, some objects and shaders cause an error and drop the DCS. Mistakes are mainly at night.

Ok, too bad. Didn't test at night. :cry:

Hopefully we can get this fixed aswell !

[Edit : Tried at night now. As you said, lighting isn't working. We should find out which objects are causing errors. I have plenty of them in my test mission and didn't receive any errors]

night2.jpg.dda6b92a8d78783a9a06ebaf3ebb1306.jpg

night3.jpg.de2fa07806f800c9d1f490422432254e.jpg

Edited by Spearzone

Spearzone Errors turned out to be random. For example, objects with lighting may close DCS with a DirectX error, or they may not. Sometimes, after restarting DCS, objects are no longer visible. I know what have changed in the Shader, but I haven't figured out how to replace it yet.

Spearzone Errors turned out to be random. For example, objects with lighting may close DCS with a DirectX error, or they may not. Sometimes, after restarting DCS, objects are no longer visible. I know what have changed in the Shader, but I haven't figured out how to replace it yet.

Hello @voc :)

Yes, on my case the objects work well as long as it isnt night (20:00 to 6:00), on night I get this error:

Q7RYCr9.jpg

I've found that if I turn this parameter, on the lua file, to zero then the animations are disabled and I dont get the error at all:

EftdbiD.jpg

Thus, I can still use the Mod, tough we loose the lighting, which was one of the most useful abilities of these objects ... well, it is better than not being able to use it at all.

Cheers and thank you again for sharing the Mod with us.

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Rudel_chw I'm afraid I'm not able to turn on the lighting anymore. I'm still looking for a solution, but I'm not sure I can solve this problem. It have to look for workarounds, although from the very beginning, dynamic lighting for static objects was not conceived by the developers

But since the fix from today, it seems that things are better for this mod, no ?

But for the Joe-Rowe's mod, the civil objects, it's lost, I think !

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Rudel_chw I'm afraid I'm not able to turn on the lighting anymore. I'm still looking for a solution, but I'm not sure I can solve this problem. It have to look for workarounds, although from the very beginning, dynamic lighting for static objects was not conceived by the developers

OK, hope you can find some workaround eventually. :thumbup:

Since 2.5.4 lighting didn't work for statics, but was still working if I placed the object as a Fortification Ground Unit. Now, on 2.5.6, it doesn't work even as Ground Unit .. pity.

One last doubt .. how did you manage to get lighting on this recent video?

e1EtX9EUhz4

:)

Rudel_chw

There's a lighting tower with lights on all the time. It is not seen during the day, but it works. I conducted a test setting 90 towers with lighting and it did not cause a strong drop in FPS on my computer. Maybe this will be one of the solutions.

Finally can use the statics with the with last update/fix but i can´t use Hangars for example. If i put a Static Nato balon (hangar) it blocks me the ramp position no matther i put in the mission editor, the plane will always be in the next ramp. Probably due to collision model i think.

EDIT: forgot to mention that i tried in mission editor the offset fixation (selected/unselected), no joy.

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

jef32 The following updates will not change anything. Only if the developers will return the old Shader functions, but they have already been replaced with new ones.

The thing that I mean: Before the fix from yesterday, the VPC airfield equipment worked only by selecting its items with vehicles then fortifications.

Then after, in the missions, the objects were vanishing as soon as you go a little far from them.

Since the fix, you can select again the objects with static button, they don't vanish when you're far and cherry on the cake, as we're saying in France, the rock helipad of Uputaut that I use a lot and which not worked anymore before the fix, works again.

The very bad new, for me is that except the vehicles, all the items of the Joe Rowe's mod: Civil objects, are crashing DCS.

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Voc, I have noticed that you can no longer start a flight from inside your hangars, or park in them on return, the game defaults to the nearest empty parking spot. Not a huge issue but I wanted to make you aware.

Update: However, if you swap them over from s Static Structure to a Vehicle Fortification the problem is solved and it works again.

Edited by crazyeddie

Voc, I have noticed that you can no longer start a flight from inside your hangars, or park in them on return, the game defaults to the nearest empty parking spot.

The same thing happens in the new version of LUA and there is no solution yet.

p.s. It is necessary to make such objects invisible to the engine. I haven't studied LUA, so if anyone can help, please write here.

p.p.s. A temporary solution will be to take such objects in Static Structure to a Vehicle Fortification until the problem is resolved.

Edited by voc

Voc, I have noticed that you can no longer start a flight from inside your hangars, or park in them on return, the game defaults to the nearest empty parking spot. Not a huge issue but I wanted to make you aware.

Update: However, if you swap them over from s Static Structure to a Vehicle Fortification the problem is solved and it works again.

Hi crazyeddie,

I tried swap to a ground vehicle Fortification and problem persists.

:(

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Synchronized said:

Does it work with the latest patch?

It works on my pc … more details on this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/152272-vp-airfield-equipment-082-beta/?do=findComment&comment=4727205

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1