Oculus Rift S With DCS World Discussion

Wags

Yes sir Wags. I went from Rift to Rift-S and what a difference and then the Viper cockpit is spectacular in it. Everything except the white thing in front of the throttle is very sharp and clear.

I don't use the hand controllers so I have no idea how they work but the visual aspect is worth every penny.

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done all that but without disconnecting from the internet and booting into safe mode. Certainly can't hurt to try this. Thanks.

So I did everything in your post and it worked.............FOR ALL OF 2 SECONDS then back to not detecting the display port. So all I have now is a $400.00 paperweight.

Thanks for your input. It is much appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

So I did everything in your post and it worked.............FOR ALL OF 2 SECONDS then back to not detecting the display port. So all I have now is a $400.00 paperweight.

Thanks for your input. It is much appreciated.

Sorry to hear, hopefully you will hear back soon on your support ticket.

They definitely should replace the unit.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Sorry to hear, hopefully you will hear back soon on your support ticket.

They definitely should replace the unit.

I'm not so sure it's the Rift. Unfortunately I don't have another PC to test it on. My girlfriends PC doesn't have a display port and my massive RTX 2080 won't fit in her case. I hope Oculus figures this out soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Hi Lucky, have you tried completely uninstalling Nvidia driver with DDU and then reinstalling 1 version back?

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

I'm not so sure it's the Rift. Unfortunately I don't have another PC to test it on. My girlfriends PC doesn't have a display port and my massive RTX 2080 won't fit in her case. I hope Oculus figures this out soon.
The first Rift S I got had that problem. Didn't want to connect to try different computers. I returned it for a new one and haven't had a problem since.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Hi Lucky, have you tried completely uninstalling Nvidia driver with DDU and then reinstalling 1 version back?

Neal

I have not but won't hurt to try. thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The first Rift S I got had that problem. Didn't want to connect to try different computers. I returned it for a new one and haven't had a problem since.

Mine was working fine since June when I bought it. I haven't used it in a month or more and when I decided to try it out with the F16 it had this problem.

How long after you bought it did you return it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mine was working fine since June when I bought it. I haven't used it in a month or more and when I decided to try it out with the F16 it had this problem.

How long after you bought it did you return it?

It was barely a week to be honest.

At this point I'm going to ask for a replacement. I've done everything I could do and still no joy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi. did you try with the public beta software of oculus?

Yes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Neal

I rolled back to 431.60 but still not detecting the display port.

I appreciate everyones help but at this point I'm done with it. I've let Oculus know I want to return it for a replacement so I'm gonna box it up and wait to hear back from them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good news. Oculus has authorized my return. Just waiting for them to email the shipping label.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lucky, Hope your new rift s is the solution:thumbup:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Lucky, Hope your new rift s is the solution:thumbup:

Me too. They said after everything I did it is defective.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had one problem today with the Oculus Software, i had no internet today for a couple hours and tried to fly in DCS. DCS started in VR/offline mode without problem but the Oculus software said something of a "Fatal Error Dash....." and put this stupid message direct in my face even in DCS, i was sitting in the cockpit and couldn't use VR because of that stupid error message which i couldn't close. Does somebody have an idea how i can prevent this if this happens again?

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

is the rift S better than original vive and cosmos?

My Rift S has arrived today, been flying DCS in VR for 2 years plus now in the HTC Vive.

I just finished setting up the Rift, loaded up DCS

I'll be dead honest, the reason I got the Rift S in the first place was the fact everyone was raving how crisp sharp cockpits are and the fact they can actually see the ball from half a mile doing a Case 1 recovery.

First thing I did was Case 1 instant action. Loading up...and BAM HOLY SMOKES SPANK ME SILLY...Wow. The cockpit is CRISP. You can see EVERYTHING, you can READ everything without squinting or bobbing your face in the screen.

Hell, you could even read the text on the center colored MFD on the Hornet without a problem.

Needless to say, A mile (or even farther) I could see the ball clearly....half a mile its glowing like a christmas tree fully visible, during the final run in the groove you can ACTUALLY FLY THE DAMN THING...

Im sold. And it was only $400.

EDIT: I must add, using the Vive, I could fly for hours without feeling a hitch. First run in the Oculus Rift S, took about 10 mins before getting a bit motion sickness...It happened to me before in the Vive when I first started, so I figured I was already "trained", well, I guess another adjusting period is underway :)

Edited by ClearDark

My Rift S has arrived today, been flying DCS in VR for 2 years plus now in the HTC Vive.

I just finished setting up the Rift, loaded up DCS

I'll be dead honest, the reason I got the Rift S in the first place was the fact everyone was raving how crisp sharp cockpits are and the fact they can actually see the ball from half a mile doing a Case 1 recovery.

First thing I did was Case 1 instant action. Loading up...and BAM HOLY SMOKES SPANK ME SILLY...Wow. The cockpit is CRISP. You can see EVERYTHING, you can READ everything without squinting or bobbing your face in the screen.

Hell, you could even read the text on the center colored MFD on the Hornet without a problem.

Needless to say, A mile (or even farther) I could see the ball clearly....half a mile its glowing like a christmas tree fully visible, during the final run in the groove you can ACTUALLY FLY THE DAMN THING...

Im sold. And it was only $400.

EDIT: I must add, using the Vive, I could fly for hours without feeling a hitch. First run in the Oculus Rift S, took about 10 mins before getting a bit motion sickness...It happened to me before in the Vive when I first started, so I figured I was already "trained", well, I guess another adjusting period is underway :)

:thumbup:

Fully agree, been running my Rift S pretty much daily for the last 4.5 months. Could never go back to my Rift CV1.

I think with the release of some of the better spec devices, such as Reverb/Index, Rift S gets often overlooked. For what you get for the money though, it is a heck of an all around headset.

Clarity is really nice, Tracking is incredible especially for inside/out, with a good set of headphones or earbuds sound is very good. And a biggie for many folks, no muss no fuss getting going with it , more time spent gaming. And the software is quite nice and mature with continuing improvements. And some of the other Oculus Touch games are quite good with better ones continuing to come out.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi, just a little question for the Rift S Guys!

I have a I7 4790K a 4.0 Ghz, 32 GB RAM 1600 DDR3, a 1 TB SSD and finally a GTX 1080 extreme edition.

What do you think guys? the RIFT S its going to be fine with mi humble system? regards

Yes should be. You could also probably squeeze a little more out of that 4790k , say to like 4.5 GHz with decent cooling.

Don B