Any VR Pilot’s MSFS2020 alpha testers?

Thick8

As MSFS2020 is only pancake at this point in time; is the eye candy worth the immersion trade off for you?

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Personally I fly in VR unless its not supported. So if MSFS2020 does implement VR which they've said their seriously looking at then it'll be VR rather than monitor for me. I find the immersion in flightsims to be worth the trade-off. That being said when its released it will be interesting to see the specs for running it.

Edited by Hawke001

AMD 5800X, 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, AMD 6900xt, Windows 11, Quest 3.

F15E, AH-64, F/A18C, F-14, Super Carrier, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, AV-8B, FW190, C101, F-15C, Mi8MTV2, SU-33, SU-27, M-2000C, AJS-37, KA-50, L-39, Yak-52, F-5E, F-86F, Spitfire, Persian Gulf, Normandy, NTTR.

Yeah as much as I would like to have it, no VR equals no purchase for me.

VR all the way for me now.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Being under nda we cannot tell much.

Anyway the graphics fidelity level is very high.

It is public knowledge that they promised vr...not there yet anyway

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

A thread with this title on ED's forums?

giphy.gif

(my $0.02 on this matter: no VR = no buy)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Being under nda we cannot tell much.

Anyway the graphics fidelity level is very high.

It is public knowledge that they promised vr...not there yet anyway

I know you can't talk about the sim. Just trying to get an idea if VR is going to be a deal breaker even now that you've had the opportunity to fly it.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

The NDA says you can't talk about the game. I don't think answering "Would you rather play MSFS2020 flat or another sim that looks worse but has VR" qualifies as breaking it since we're not revealing any details about the actual game. Anyways, for me it is not worth it. Nothing can match the feeling of being inside your plane.

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV

I know you can't talk about the sim. Just trying to get an idea if VR is going to be a deal breaker even now that you've had the opportunity to fly it.

I already go back and forth from vr to 2d in dcs....not an issue to use a sim in 2d for me.

Of course when vr headset will improve and performance will rise things could change

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I just downloaded one of the sims mentioned , and it was a revelation to dogfight with the other aircraft not ghosting . I am also in the no VR , no fly camp .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Any flight sim going forward, including MSFS 2020, without VR means no purchase for me. I would say I am 85% pleased with how VR is done in IL2 BOS, 40% in DCS and 70% in X-Plane 11. Obviously, MS needs to spend time to get it right.

I was not aware that **that other WW2 game*** had a VR offering. Does it show it's age or has Oleg been keeping up with it?

Edited by Thick8

With reference to how far out you can spot bandits, that is of course partly a function of your HMD, I have a Reverb and only use DCS and I can sometimes see them at 10 miles. I fly tubeliners IRL and struggle to see other tubeliners at ten miles most days, of course at night time you can see there lights. Go the Reverb.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

I was not aware that **that other WW2 game*** had a VR offering. Does it show it's age or has Oleg been keeping up with it?

Its better than DCS performance wise and comparable looks wise. Plus for WW2 you actually get up close and personal with the planes (Flying circus is even better for this), so its quite good IMO. Plus I can pull solid 90 ish fps with mostly high settings.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I just downloaded one of the sims mentioned , and it was a revelation to dogfight with the other aircraft not ghosting . I am also in the no VR , no fly camp .

Yes indeed, in fact the WW1 dog-fighting is spectacular. And I don't have to turn my nose up too much at not being able to click things in the pit or engine managment, mainly because there really isn't much to click in the pit to begin with. I did have to buy a scarf though, to help with immersion...

regular.jpg

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yes indeed, in fact the WW1 dog-fighting is spectacular. And I don't have to turn my nose up too much at not being able to click things in the pit or engine managment, mainly because there really isn't much to click in the pit to begin with. I did have to buy a scarf though, to help with immersion...

regular.jpg

I do find the Circus graphics to be not as good as DCS though . The towns' buildings all look as though they are sitting on a flat plane (not plain) , and no man's land looks meh . Beyond that , tho , no complaints . And open-cockpit VR is amazing .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 2 weeks later...
As MSFS2020 is only pancake at this point in time; is the eye candy worth the immersion trade off for you?

For now is just a test but as you can see in the official info that was released the moon (VR) and the stars (eye candies for all) are promised. :smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least