DCS Servers and Intenet NOT the problem, its the USER! ME! - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-28-2020, 12:04 PM   #1
nuts

Default DCS Servers and Intenet NOT the problem, its the USER! ME!

I want to share a situation with my fellow brothers and sisters, champions of aviation that we are! I bought a new SSD to accommodate the new modules and expected DCS updates. Plugged it in and started downloading a fresh install! This of course after copying the essential config files and the like. My download rate was abysmal! Everyone told me to call Comcast. I tried to get through, they reset my router, they told me to change cables in the back of the router (switch ports) ......NO change in .7KBS downloads it was as high as 46kbs....UGGGH! Can I get an AMEN!!!!!! Long story short ...my buddy the magnet of Bullets himself had me run benchmark program to test the read and write of the new SSD. NADA! I was planning on returning it and saying it was worked. But than I got to thinking, I switched to another SATA cable in the bunch and retried........GOAL!!!!!!!!!! Im fine now. Never hated DCS, and now the Download is between 3MB-22MB/s.

It pays to keep trying! Just like going to the tanker!

Cheers.
nuts is offline   Reply With Quote