Ka-50 Quick Checklist

Sydy

INU Heat is pretty much critical, in many conditions.

Might as well make a habit of flipping the switch right along with the INU power switch.

Same as all pilots generally do with Pitot Heat.

Also, not everyone cares about doing it "by the book"

But IRL you always use external ground power for start. Starting by batteries only is only done in an emergancy.

As an added bonus, External power greatly speeds up the start-up process.

I always connect GP before doing anything else.

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

Good job Sidy. I remember back in 2009 when BS came out, the manual was so confusing for the startup procedure that I had to make my own checklists. Over the last 10 years, there have been a lot of checklists available for this chopper though, but I guess they are resting now at the bottom of this forum. Pretty sure I have them all on one hard drive if anyone interested.

INU Heat is pretty much critical, in many conditions.

INU heat is not implemented, flipping the switch is cosmetic only. The manual states that it has no function.

As an added bonus, External power greatly speeds up the start-up process.

I always connect GP before doing anything else.

It's actually slower to use ground power because you have to wait for the ground crew to connect it up, then flip an additional switch. There's not much point to using it aside from realism purposes because it doesn't give you anything that you don't already have in the aircraft itself. DC power is the same as turning on the batteries, and for things that need AC power, you can already get all the switches and dials in the correct positions before the engines start powering the generators to produce AC power. Here's a video of me starting up the Ka-50 in just a little over 2 minutes without ground power:

INU Heat is pretty much critical,...

Also, not everyone cares about doing it "by the book"

Tks for the feedback, but as I state on the DL page this checklist is far from the real one and its sole purpose is to get you flying quickly. Tks, anyway.

Good job Sidy...

Tks, funny thing is that I have the Ka-50 “since always”, but only know I decided to try it and only because of the “Memory of the hero” campaign. In the end it is pretty fun to fly. Yesterday I flew two full sorties online and both with great results. I love it now.

With this Quick Checklist, I basically “tried” all the planes/choppers and published checklists for them all. Some better than others. I’d say I mastered half a dozen birds, but it is hard to keep proficient on them all.

All the best guys,

Sydy