Community A-4E-C

You can fly the A4-E in Mp no problems but unfortunately it looks you have to run a own server.

I also have some questions

1. The AGM45A Shrike i tried it many times on my test mission SP and MP, different targets (SA-3, SA-6, TOR) but not a single hit. I have a lock, fire the missile, but we will always miss, with a diameter of 15-20m around the target. Looks like the missile is bit useles, is that a bug? Is there a solution?

2. Radar Altimeter, how to get it to work?

3. AGM-62 Walleye i can mount it on a pylon... but then? UIse it as a "Dumb bomb"?

Edited by maikchaos

You can fly the A4-E in Mp no problems but unfortunately it looks you have to run a own server.

I also have some questions

1. The AGM45A Shrike i tried it many times on my test mission SP and MP, different targets (SA-3, SA-6, TOR) but not a single hit. I have a lock, fire the missile, but we will always miss, with a diameter of 15-20m around the target. Looks like the missile is bit useles, is that a bug? Is there a solution?

2. Radar Altimeter, how to get it to work?

3. AGM-62 Walleye i can mount it on a pylon... but then? UIse it as a "Dumb bomb"?

Check this:

You have to be veeeeery close to the target to maximize the efectiveness of the Shrike. So prepare to sneak at loooooow level flight. ^_^

greetings all!

What is the difference in AFCS between 'heading mode' and 'path mode'?

little confuzed on this difference.

thanks for any and all help.

Path holds the current, including bank and AoA, within limitations.

Heading follows what is displayed, and set with the rotary.

Excellent. Many thanks....

Path holds the current, including bank and AoA, within limitations.

Heading follows what is displayed, and set with the rotary.

Thanks... I had been looking through the different books / docs and had not found that. Now it is clear.

Cheers and thanks to all....

Hi Team,

I would like to know if you are still working on this, like additional features etc... Based on the github the last commit was done like 9 months ago...

They have a development branch 1.4 has not been released yet but you can download it.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

They have a development branch 1.4 has not been released yet but you can download it.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Great, do you know by any chance, is the refueling pod working now?

I wonder how refueling should work without functioning radios? :huh:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason the A-4 shows up on random mission briefings for missions it isn't involved in (ie, F-14 instant action). Is there a way to fix this without uninstalling the mod?

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

For some reason the A-4 shows up on random mission briefings for missions it isn't involved in (ie, F-14 instant action). Is there a way to fix this without uninstalling the mod?

I've noticed this with other aircraft, not just a-4. Never thought much about it tho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Likely if you were to locate and delete the offending image, you'd fix it. That could potentially mean another aircraft does the same to the A-4.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Delete file "briefing-map-default" located in ...Saved Games\DCS version\Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C\ImagesGUI just can't use A-4E thème :smilewink:

Edited by Morpheus

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

Hi Team,

I would like to know if you are still working on this, like additional features etc... Based on the github the last commit was done like 9 months ago...

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of updates. All our work is done in the dev branch. The master branch is only updated when we do an official release. https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/tree/develop

Unfortunately, the problem isn't with the A-4E but with the F-14 in that case. Not all modules (yes, official third party modules too) implemented their GUI code and assets correctly. So if you are using certain themes (I know the A-4E and Hornet are implemented correctly) then it will serve as the default image as well. If the 3rd party developers correct their image naming then it will fix the issue with their missions.

In the mean time, you can just use another main menu theme or delete the briefing-map-default file and that should remove the A-4E image. However, if you have the Hornet, there is a good chance the Hornet image will override the F-14 image too.

Refuelling pod will not work because that functionality has not been implemented in the main sim yet. Once that function is part of the sim then we can take a look at it again.

Thank you Heclak for your answers. They've really raised my hopes in the case of refueling pod functionality and also about future updates. I sure do hope that ED will add the functionality in the sim and you guys can work out a way of getting the tanker to actually hook-up with scooter without radios.

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Refuelling pod will not work because that functionality has not been implemented in the main sim yet. Once that function is part of the sim then we can take a look at it again.

So you are one of the developers of this? Great :) thank you Sir! For the answer and for the mode as well!