JF-17 Thunder Discussions - Page 55 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-17-2019, 07:53 AM   #541
Sartori86

I wonder about few things:

- With most sensor and weapons complete, what will be missed out for EA release?

- Does EA release date depend on cockpit completion? Some knobs, I believe, were placeholders.

- Apart from Pakistan Myanmar and China, will we get any fictional skins? Like, for instance, Aggressor Squadron, or fictional Russian skin sort of stuff.

- As far as I know, JF-17 of Pakistani Air force is able to carry US missiles (AIM-120 and AIM-9). Will the JF-17 in DCS be able to carry them as well?

Thank you in advance for any answers.
Sartori86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:37 AM   #542
AeriaGloria

The J-11 has fictional liveries so I would think so. I would be very interested to see a picture of JF-17 with AIM-120
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:56 PM   #543
L0op8ack
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartori86 View Post

- With most sensor and weapons complete, what will be missed out for EA release?

- Does EA release date depend on cockpit completion? Some knobs, I believe, were placeholders.

- Apart from Pakistan Myanmar and China, will we get any fictional skins? Like, for instance, Aggressor Squadron, or fictional Russian skin sort of stuff.

- As far as I know, JF-17 of Pakistani Air force is able to carry US missiles (AIM-120 and AIM-9). Will the JF-17 in DCS be able to carry them as well?

1. Details, and more details
2. yes, good news is we can shoot more bugs in this period of time

3. if we have time
4. not confirmed by our SMEs, it's safe to support SD-10/PL-5 only so far
L0op8ack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:30 PM   #544
Sartori86

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0op8ack View Post
1. Details, and more details
2. yes, good news is we can shoot more bugs in this period of time

3. if we have time
4. not confirmed by our SMEs, it's safe to support SD-10/PL-5 only so far
Thank you very much L0op8ack.

And good hunting
Sartori86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:53 PM   #545
amalahama

Quote:
- As far as I know, JF-17 of Pakistani Air force is able to carry US missiles (AIM-120 and AIM-9).

That's wrong, the fact that PAF has US missiles in its inventory doesn't mean they have the permission to integrate them in a indigenous development

amalahama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:34 PM   #546
ShadowFrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalahama View Post
That's wrong, the fact that PAF has US missiles in its inventory doesn't mean they have the permission to integrate them in a indigenous development
I think where that stipulates from is that the JF-17 was designed with an open architecture to be able to support Aim-9/120/etc. Its weapon systems architecture was designed in a specific way it could pick them up (and others) to allow effective use of other weapons in the future for any variety of reasons. And therefore people assume that it should carry them only because its, design wise, potentially possible. Also, there is no telling if the D/L or radar of the aircraft can communicate with those specific missiles.

There is also a variety of reasons why they wouldn't work and not necessarily on the JF-17's end. Aim-120s can't just be put on any plane, their IDs are country bound, amognst various other bounds, to stop them from being exported because they would essentially be useless as they wouldn't work on just any aircraft (of the ones that can use them already).

Someone wrote a good write-up on the above ^ previously, if I could find who I will more than provide a link.

Also, Deka may prove me wrong on the above, thats just whats stated on public sources so there is always a degree of inaccuracy.
ShadowFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:24 PM   #547
AeriaGloria

Im sure it’s similar reason as why it doesn’t have PL-8. PL-5 is what Pakistan has and has had integrated into the system. Fancy data bus still needs code to accept a weapon. I think it’s interesting that we are not getting every weapon Pakistan uses on the JF-17, but we are getting every Chinese weapon even if Pakistan doesn’t use it. For example I think Pakistan uses Thales Damocles instead of WMD-7, MAR-1 instead of LD-10, REK on Mk 80/GBU series rather than LS-6, Durandal, C-800 series versus the ALCM. Sure I’m missing things or have stuff wrong, just think it’s interesting.

Can’t wait to read the manual!
Old 09-18-2019, 01:31 AM   #548
L0op8ack
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeriaGloria View Post
Im sure it’s similar reason as why it doesn’t have PL-8. PL-5 is what Pakistan has and has had integrated into the system. Fancy data bus still needs code to accept a weapon. I think it’s interesting that we are not getting every weapon Pakistan uses on the JF-17, but we are getting every Chinese weapon even if Pakistan doesn’t use it. For example I think Pakistan uses Thales Damocles instead of WMD-7, MAR-1 instead of LD-10, REK on Mk 80/GBU series rather than LS-6, Durandal, C-800 series versus the ALCM. Sure I’m missing things or have stuff wrong, just think it’s interesting.

Can’t wait to read the manual!

There are 2 very simple reasons:
1) these Made In China weapons stay with JF-17 in most air shows
2) we can get these informations much easier

If we have to do guess work, we prefer the less guess work solutions.
L0op8ack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 02:37 AM   #549
AeriaGloria

Thank you!
Old 09-18-2019, 04:16 AM   #550
kaoqumba

Quote:

As early as 2017, DIS began to consider different coatings in different countries. Here are some of the original paints
https://m.weibo.cn/3293088907/4129436427609347A
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A8A7F9A2-D74F-4605-BD2B-89CAA81CB790.jpeg
Views:	152
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	217400   Click image for larger version

Name:	D053BD31-D5EA-4FC0-9137-A705A71C6231.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	217401   Click image for larger version

Name:	D6CD3BC2-EFD0-41C0-A3C7-5C9E1962E7DB.jpeg