Confused on GBU usage

Wizard1393

So how do I set the laser code on the bombs? Not finding it on the kneeboard.

And where do I set the TGP laser code?

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

So how do I set the laser code on the bombs? Not finding it on the kneeboard.

And where do I set the TGP laser code?

With the aircraft in the air, press Air to ground mode. In DMT page or EHSD you can see "Code" next to multi function button 5. Press it and change the laser code. This will change on all systems including TGP and weapons. The laser code will reset back to 1111 on the ground.

Edited by mvsgas
spelling

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

With the aircraft in the air, press Air to ground mode. In DMT page or EHSD you can see "Code" nest to multi function button 5. Press it and change the laser code. This will change on all systems including TGP and weapons. The laser code will reset back to 1111 on the ground.

Uhuh. Ok. I see. I thought I heard in a training mission, or read, that the code on the bombs only could be set on the ground. So was expecting kneeboard. WIP perhaps?

And the code on the TV page I thought was only for the LSS.

Thanks!

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz

IRL the laser codes are set on the bomb. In DCS for convenience you set them in the air.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Uhuh. Ok. I see. I thought I heard in a training mission, or read, that the code on the bombs only could be set on the ground. So was expecting kneeboard. WIP perhaps?

And the code on the TV page I thought was only for the LSS.

Thanks!

IIRC that is what is in the training mission and how it works in real life. I will double check it. Thanks!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I wouldn’t balk at a change to adjusting the LASER code for the bombs only being selectable with the engines off and canopy open on the knee board, like the Mirage

The GBU bomb laser codes could be limited to being set on the ground (rather than automatically) but the DMT-LST and TGP Designator (and LSS if later implemented) codes would still be set in the air as IRL.

In the DCS A-10C, you'll get a "mismatch" warning if the bomb code in the DSMS inventory doesn't match the TGP's designator code, I'm not sure if the AV-8B is similar.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I agree that the DMT-LST and TPOD codes can be changed. What good would a FAC(A) do being unable to change codes to the weapon systems of others? Did the Harrier Stores page have the awareness of the GBU’s code? Perhaps information provided with a mission data load to the computer.

In a completely different airframe that I have deep knowledge of, one can set the ordnance’s LASER code from inside the “cockpit”, as well as slave the designator to the weapon code or to “Lase Only”. If those codes don’t match, they get a caution, as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

I think the reason its done as is, is precisely because the DCS jtac is not the sharpest crayon in the box, so he can't change his code to match the bombs, therefore you get that functionality. Yet another ED issue.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

For the time being, I don't mind that we can set the bombs code in air, even if not realistic. As DCS JTAC or the scripted option (JTAC Auto Lase) cannot change code on demand.

However, should RAZBAM chose to change this, I would prefer if it didnt require engine off. And I would politely ask that the other kneeboard options we have today that require engine off, to remove the engine off requirement. On ground and not moving is enough. So many times you just start up right away and then remember you wanted to change something... Can't be bother shutting it all down again.