Campaign for the f-86 sabre

eelcoool

give it a go buddy. I think many would welcome more attention to the Korea birds!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Great idea and I'm sure if you create a compelling one many would purchase it. There is one campaign already though. It's called "The Museum Relic" and is available for purchase from the ED store. You can fly it as a F-86 or a Mig-15.

Yeah iknow but i would like to see one fron the korea era and I already started making some missions but lost it all due to pc issues

interested in that?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Maybe a Museum Relic #2 Campaign: Story driven - F9F Panthers flying off the coast of 'North Korea' (Sochi/Caucasus coast map); aircraft would be F9F Panthers carrier based for takeoff/launch and landing after a combat mission on a carrier; F-86F would provide air cover against the MiG 15s. Takeoff and land the F9F on the carrier with the canopy open! :-)

[Credit here for Apache600 for making one of the best mission campaigns for new pilots with Museum Relic Campaign. Salute!]

BelSimTek could create the F9F Panther (with folding wings-see photo below); use current Caucasus Map; period helicopters, etc.

Think of the movie: The Bridges at Toko-Ri with the American actor William Holden.

Its appeal to me as a new DCS World pilot (currently flying Museum Relic with F-86F) would be the F9F would have basic electronics and navigation similar to the F-86F and MiG 15bis -- not too complex for a new pilot. And, a chance to takeoff and land on an aircraft in one of the most basic jet fighter bombers of the 1950s.

Final mission in the F9F Museum Relic Campaign could be that you-as Squadron Commander, lead the whole squadron from carrier launch, attack targets/dogfights, and then land back at the aircraft carrier.

Believe there would be a large market for an intro story driven carrier operations aircraft and campaign....and it wouldn't take a 300 page manual to learn....

M.

Canopy open for takeoff and landing!

th?id=OIP.6OxSGn3moMSiW-JahNSCTwEsC7&pid=15.1&P=0&w=260&h=163

th?id=OIP.-aeVOkhBTEh73tQvOUyMQQFrCr&pid=15.1&P=0&w=349&h=165

th?id=OIP.kKnmw47YcyN0mWgrF_YxlwEsDO&pid=15.1&P=0&w=236&h=163

Edited by Maximo
additional ideas and typo correction.

Maybe a Mission Relic #2 Campaign: Story driven - F9F Panthers flying off the coast of North Korea; aircraft would be F9F Panthers carrier based for takeoff/launch from an aircraft carrier(s) and landing after a combat mission on a carrier; F-86F would provide air cover against the MiG 15s. Takeof and land the F9F with the canopy open! :-)

Think of the movie: The Bridges at Toko Ri with the American actor William Holden.

yeah, but we have no f9f

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I am VERY much interested in an actual Korean war campaign. I am disappointed so little is out there :(

I would love Korean war stuff as well. Those two modules are just superbly done. Sadly, I don't think much will happen with these until there is a map module of Korea focused on that time frame.

• 1 year later...

Go for it, Normandy would be a good setup for a F-86 campaign, Sabre vs Mig-15 in a new battle of Britain over the channel. Or Dunkirk 2.0. Unfortunately there's not a good enough asset pack to do it properly. You would need some B29's and Tu-4's there's a mod for that. Let me know if you need any help. I did a campaign for F5 that went quite well.

• 2 months later...

Definitely needs a MiG Alley map, if not a whole war campaign.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2