Prop Pitch RPM Control

Flyer0001

I am fairly new to the WWII planes. I was wondering how you all are handling the control of propeller pitch/RPM in the FW-190s. In the P-47 or P-51 you have a separate lever. In the FW-190 the control is on the throttle and you have an gauge telling you what the setting is. Apparently from my reading so far the Germans automated the propeller pitch/RPM setting so that to set it you must first take the control out of this automatic mode. My question to someone with far more experience than me is does putting the propeller pitch/RPM control in manual ever give you an advantage? If so when and what binding of controls works best for controlling the propeller pitch/RPM settings?

For controls, there is a switch on the throttle, called "RPM in/decrease" I believe.

Any advantages? There are, but up to you to decide if the extra work is worth the trouble.

Since you control the RPM, you can get a bit more RPM / speed in manual mode than with auto. But then again, by doing so you will most likely exceed the limits and might provoke an engine seizure or other things.