Ai Bomber gunnery

Seaside

Will the Bomber gunnery be fixed in the upcoming patch ?

I just had a Ju-88 shoot down 3 of 4 Spitfires (Including mine)

and then shoot down a P-47.

Until this is addressed there is no point in playing DCS ww2.

It has been brought up a few times but I haven't seen a response from the Devs anywhere.

Thanks.

I think it was this interview

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4440028&postcount=1741

Or this one...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4446881&postcount=1749

Sorry forgot to respond.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

• 2 months later...

I believe a part of the upcoming damage model in expected November 4th patch is AI behaviour and bomber gunners specially, or hope so.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 2 weeks later...

The bombers' part of the DM was delayed until 18th November patch. Probably all of the bombers' IA and everything comes with that since no bombers are being used in public DM tests servers currently.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

It's in the patch notes... :

DCS 2.5.6.57264 Open Beta 2020-11-04

DCS World

• Behaviour of the AI gunners on bombers improved

DCS WWII Assets pack by ED

• AI Gunners on Bombers are too accurate A-20G and Ju-88 effective turret range reduced

I can confirm that - for the Ju-88s at least - the bomber gunners now fire in bursts rather than non-stop hosing and whilst still a threat are not quite so remorseless in their destruction of attacking enemy fighters.

There is an elephant in this thread ... so to speak .... and that refers to how the attack is being proscuted on the enemy bombers. The OP hasn't explained how he attacked the JU-88 ( accepting that a 4 on 1 attack would have been superior numerically)

Hose pipe firing techniques of the beloved AI aside!, I do no suggest any kinda of "but you attacked wrong" commentry above by the way ..... yet how an attack is proscuted is an important part of this topic so as to be clear and ensure all who read it, understand the actual scenario being discussed and why it is so important.

DD_Fenrir, this is good news, I guess we await the next updated later in the month.

S!

There is an elephant in this thread ... so to speak .... and that refers to how the attack is being proscuted on the enemy bombers. The OP hasn't explained how he attacked the JU-88 ( accepting that a 4 on 1 attack would have been superior numerically)

Hose pipe firing techniques of the beloved AI aside!, I do no suggest any kinda of "but you attacked wrong" commentry above by the way ..... yet how an attack is proscuted is an important part of this topic so as to be clear and ensure all who read it, understand the actual scenario being discussed and why it is so important.

DD_Fenrir, this is good news, I guess we await the next updated later in the month.

S!

I came down from above and off the port rear quarter. Not sure as to how the other aircraft attacked as I was busy being shot down :)

• Like 1

It's in the patch notes... :

I can confirm that - for the Ju-88s at least - the bomber gunners now fire in bursts rather than non-stop hosing and whilst still a threat are not quite so remorseless in their destruction of attacking enemy fighters.

Thanks, I read the patch notes. Don't know how I missed it. Or maybe I was just reading the damage model notes.

But Thanks !