The most keyboard friendly ww2 plane

davidtsw

So yeah, I do fly using my keyboard :music_whistling: Get over it please. I actually got pretty decent at it in the Mustang.

Anyway, I'm looking into buying another ww2 plane and here's the thing. Some planes in DCS, not just ww2 planes, are more keyboard friendly than others. As far as I remember the Mig 29 is a pain but the Su 25 is perfectly fine. The Mustang seems ok too as long as I have the auto rudder option checked. But the Bf 109 I got through Steam isn't - it's so jerky without a joystick I can't fly it. I took advantage of the generous refund policy and asked for it right away.

However, since I don't want to get blacklisted or something for asking for a refund too often, which of the other ww2 birds can be flown with a keyboard ?

Any plane can be flown with keyboard, but the P-51 is probably by far the most keyboard friendly one.

The other ones are most likely all as keyboard-friendly as the Bf-109. Spitfire, 109 and probably I-16 too are a bit twitchy. 190 D and A might be worth a try. They are somewhere inbetween the 109 and 51 for me (with joystick)

Anyway, I'm looking into buying another ww2 plane ...

Why don't you get a joystick instead? you would get much more enjoyment out of the modules that you currently own.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yeah, I'm getting all of it but for now I've got to stick to the good old keyboard. So it looks like I'm unlikely to find a more suitable ww2 plane than the Mustang. I'll probably wait till I have a proper hotas setup before buying any other planes then. Thanks.