DCS: F-16C Viper Features Ranking Survey

Wags

Hi Moa. Remember me? I miss flying with you!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Hornet is my bird of choice. I've been studying it since before it could fly DCS. But the F-16 is a beauty, too, and I'd love to do CAS with it. Anyway, my voting favored A2G.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

I am a little concerned that Mav's are at the top of the list. This is something we have been told has been in the works for a long time so honestly it shouldn't even be on there and should be pushed out before starting on anything else. HOF for CBU's, Mav's, Full Function TGP should be prio but I feel the TGP in the viper works better than the hornet's anyways.

Not quite sure why people complain about having to log in with Google to complete the survey. The vast majority of people already have a google account (and are probably logged in with it if using chrome) and if not it's very quick and easy to create one. These are the same people who complain that ED take too long to develop things and don't listen to the consumer, and yet here they are turning their noses up at ED getting thorough consumer input on a clearly ever active development process. Google login is not a "hoop" - it's a method of preventing spam, thus making the survey more accurate and thus more thorough.

Just what I think, anyways.

You can never satisfy everyone. There is always going to be people on here that complain which is sad. Clearly ED is going above and beyond to gear this towards what we want to see. This is much appreciated ED!

As my buddy in the military once said "There will always be those guys that complain about the tits being to big and the bag of gold being to heavy."

Not quite sure why people complain about having to log in with Google to complete the survey. The vast majority of people already have a google account (and are probably logged in with it if using chrome) and if not it's very quick and easy to create one. These are the same people who complain that ED take too long to develop things and don't listen to the consumer, and yet here they are turning their noses up at ED getting thorough consumer input on a clearly ever active development process. Google login is not a "hoop" - it's a method of preventing spam, thus making the survey more accurate and thus more thorough.

Just what I think, anyways.

I'm ok with google account but there is an even simpler way to do this that embraces everyone. Every single player that owns DCS have an account in ED web-shop. Creating a simple web response page is even easier than setting up a google form and all ED customers could have direct access to it. Every response could even be published directly to Wags desktop. :)

Just getting the basic F-16 aircraft systems like RADAR, HSD, ICP, countermeasures etc working properly is top of my list, before SNIPER pods, Maverick and JSOW weapons etc.

Let's say we get the aircraft rolling out of the 'manufacturers' door with the basics actually functional, before we try strapping everything to it and pretending it can do it's job.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes. Please show results of survey.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Not quite sure why people complain about having to log in with Google to complete the survey. The vast majority of people already have a google account (and are probably logged in with it if using chrome) and if not it's very quick and easy to create one.

What a great idea? Now everyone in the world can vote? I don't even have Viper but I can vote against your votes ;)

Also not everyone has to have a google account or like being forced to create one.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

What a great idea? Now everyone in the world can vote? I don't even have Viper but I can vote against your votes ;)

Agreeded in full. Shame that I didn't realize that before voting.:megalol:

With best regards to all.

My thing is if something is put in and doesn’t work why put it tell me it’s not put in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

I like the Viper module it is one of my favorites next to the F-14, F/A-18 and the Su-27 Family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

If doing the same thing in a different order while not negatively affecting the development process overall, is something that makes the community 10 times happier, then I'm all for it! Great to see good solutions being figured out that works for both sides.

I just said this to show support for the community-dev relationship and congratulating for the progresses made in this regard, but I respectfully excused myself from taking this survey because I'm not the best expert on F-16 nor I am in a terrible hurry so I leave it to the true fans of F-16 to cast their votes, Iwouldn't want to muck up the numbers with my less relevant influence.

But yeah probably in the future, if this works out good, this kind of system could be built into this site and e-shop so that it avoids having a google or otherwise account but also verifies for module ownership so that bots/spammers/trolls don't mess up the numbers.

Keep up the good job everyone.

Edited by Worrazen
typo

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Was interested in participating in the F-16 survey.

Evidently, having a DCS login isn't enough -- apparently you need some kind of Google Login...

wth? Fail....

"Have fun stormin' da castle boys" ... Guess I sit this one out...

ttfn,

Didn't participate. While on the surface it seems transparent of ED to ask for their customers base opinion I think it's at the same time unprofessional. The module should be expanded & developed in the most obvious, logical and financially sound manner appropriate to the development cycle, in turn making the EA period as short as possible.

Edit: No disrespect to ED, I respect their development decisions, this is just my opinion.

Edited by 26-J39

For me it worked fine without any login... used the discord link...

Also I think it's a good manner to ask the community. Just hope they show the results and wonder if they stick to the voted priority.

Maybe they are at a point where it doesnt make a difference what they start next, in terms of "obvious, logical or fincial".

Just take that into account.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

Maybe they are at a point where it doesnt make a difference what they start next, in terms of "obvious, logical or fincial".

Just take that into account.

Appreciate your comment and reference to my post but to say it " doesn't make a difference what they start next" is a little naive considering the complexity of such a complicated aircraft.

"basic avionics functionality that should have been there at launch"

Ehh... It hasn't launched yet sir. If you've purchased the 16 then it was stated all over the place during your purchase that this was "Early Access".

I would just like to tell you then, that since *NO* modern jet - aside of the M2000 - was "launched" by your definition then, we should state - by your definition - that this is a sim for the Mirage 2000, or vietnam-era or WWII era only

You will see that buying EA isn't a choice in this game, but a must to even participate in anything newer than the era of F-5s.

Thank you,

Deadpool

(I did not count the A10 as a modern jet, maybe incorrect)

Edited by deadpool

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

... in turn making the EA period as short as possible.

The development procedures for updates have just been moved to longer cycles to favor a more stable experience in the beta and thus release versions, becuase that's what the community wanted as well, and I agree, that could mean longer EA period I think.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

The development procedures for updates have just been moved to longer cycles to favor a more stable experience in the beta and thus release versions, becuase that's what the community wanted as well, and I agree, that could mean longer EA period I think.

Yes, i'm fine with that. All i'm saying is that i would have liked to see ED stick to a plan and develop the module in a logical sequential order. It's all great asking every tom dick and harry what they want first devolved, but it's opening up a can of worms they wont be able to contain.