New effects/visuals for WWII?

The Mustang still has the "Lockup" as well. In my experience with the DCS mustang since 2013, there has always been 2 engine failures. The Lockup and the loss of power.. Before, the engine would stop and wind mill. Now, there is a wavering of power, but the engine continues to run, but the power drops off as you describe. The minor difference is that the engine, still running, can pull you a bit further than the dead, yet windmilling we had before.

Not only those "visuals", I noticed these days either P-51 and Spitfire at least (didn't try the rest of it) do lose the engine in different fashions that before. They don't just freeze any more, you lose them a step at a time, with different sounds, they keep running just lower power than before with different sounds. Maybe a placebo from the new sounds (definitely different) but I believe engine do die different now.

S!

I have experienced the same thing flying Bf109 and the Fw190d9 so its not just me? :D

I feel sometimes the engine lose its power slowly if I use it roughly so the maximum speed decrease noticeably but the bird still able to fly without much issue. The engine won't stop but after a while it starts to stutter more and more than shut down. So there are obviously many stages of damage now. I don't have too many hours flying these moduels but two years ago I don't remember I have experienced things like this flying the Dora.

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

So not only Merlin engined ones. It's not the whole new damage model for sure, but those additions are pretty much welcome :beer: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 1 month later...
Dear Eagle Dynamics Team:) Could you Update the muzzle flash Effects for WWII Warbirds?

I think its Over the Top right now and just not realistic. It should be much less Fire but the smoke is just spot on!

Thank You

I agree on this, the fire is clearly overdone.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

The new effects look great and add a lot to create a more immersive atmosphere. However, what might be lacking is the longevity of some effects. For example, after a plane crashes, or a tank gets destroyed, we should see much larger and longer smoke and fire effects.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Today in the BF190 I had a 'propeller governor failure' after getting shot-up by a B-17. The center dash was shaking so bad I thought it was going to fall off LOL. Well, maybe something else was causing the dash to shake but that was listed in the after flight briefing.

Also the wing tip nav lights don't cast a strange glowing light across the top of the wings anymore.

• 2 months later...