New effects/visuals for WWII?

We are going to have a new damage model soon which will include new impact effects and smoke trails. There is not much footage of it (just some screenshots) so we will see how it looks like once released!

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Hi, is there a chance to know if the new effects and visuals are coming soon to WWII Planes?

I am very exited about new Tracer visuals and exaust somoke for the Warbirds.

Greetings

we've been waiting for new dm like for ages(two years).

we've been waiting for new dm like for ages(two years).

This was just shy of 3 years ago (June 2017):

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter02062017.html

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3157299&postcount=89

Edited by philstyle

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Sorry but i play DCS World since 2013 and my first Full Fidelity Module was P-51 D.

Since then nothing has changed in form of Visualisation of Tracers it self, im am not talking about color of tracers or the order in wich they are fired no, i talk aubout the Graphisc of tracers itself.

I mean ED was talking in one of the Newslatters about new Missiles smoke and Tracer ART, so i still wait for them to come.

The Tracers we have now are cool and nice BUT we have 2020 and from Eagle Dynamics i do expect Life like Visualisation of those effects so important for WWII.

I feel like they are going for a big bang release for WW2 material.

Ju88, P-47, Channel Map, Damage Model, improved AI flight model and new visuals all due Q2 2020. You heard it here first :)

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

• 3 weeks later...

So any News on upcoming Effects for DCS WWII? I saw some new?smoke trails from P-47 50cals in one month free Trailer but dont know if they are new or just editet?

I feel like the new Hit effects for WWII are better then before but still dont give me enough feedback if i do hit a target or not, i feel like the flashes are not bright enough.

Cheers

I feel like they are going for a big bang release for WW2 material.

Lets hope that it will not be like real big bang, it took 180 mln years to form first stars.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Yesterday I saw an aircraft fall right in front of me while on tarmac and I was surprised with how good the explosion and after fire was. Do somebody know if it's been there from long ago? Didn't remember that kind of fire and explosions before and ED has a history of untold features release.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Yesterday I saw an aircraft fall right in front of me while on tarmac and I was surprised with how good the explosion and after fire was. Do somebody know if it's been there from long ago? Didn't remember that kind of fire and explosions before and ED has a history of untold features release.

S!

Dont know:(

S!

I thought it just me when my FW-190 was shot down yesterday I ejected and watched its impact from a great perspective from the top and I said "WOW" because I haven't seen this kind of impact explosion in DCS before.

Maybe it was just a lucky perspective and we just imagine things ? Its hard to know since the patch notes does not cover every little bit of graphical update detail I guess but to me this explosion felt new. :D

About the impact damage and DM. I am not sure because I haven't played many hour WW2 and the last time was long ago for about year but I felt I have just seen fresh new things like I lost my ailerons ang got a lot of nice bulletholes on the wings and on the windshield.

Are these new?

I am really looking forward to the ww2 updates and the new maps and I am pretty sure I will buy my next ww2 module real soon. Thanks to this free for all opportunity what really helps beside the love that the ww2 era will get from ED in the near future.

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

Maybe it was just a lucky perspective and we just imagine things ? Its hard to know since the patch notes does not cover every little bit of graphical update detail I guess but to me this explosion felt new
The one I saw was definitely "new", far better fire definition and details than I knew before, though it could be there since nobody knows and I just noticed the other day which happened to be the same day or day after a patch.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Lets hope that it will not be like real big bang, it took 180 mln years to form first stars.

About 2 weeks in ED's time.. :)

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I definitely think these oil stains wasn't there before. There's things going on under the hood.

attachment.php?attachmentid=234404&stc=1&d=1588331770

S!

Screen_200430_235921_R.thumb.png.0d838e37dab9d03b75af771511049a5f.png

I definitely think these oil stains wasn't there before. There's things going on under the hood.

attachment.php?attachmentid=234404&stc=1&d=1588331770

S!

Nice catch! :) I haven't seen this either yet.

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

Not only those "visuals", I noticed these days either P-51 and Spitfire at least (didn't try the rest of it) do lose the engine in different fashions that before. They don't just freeze any more, you lose them a step at a time, with different sounds, they keep running just lower power than before with different sounds. Maybe a placebo from the new sounds (definitely different) but I believe engine do die different now.

S!