[REPORTED] Very low detail areas in Normandy

Reflected

I sure hope they will. The 2 first missions of The Big Show campaign go right above that ugly patch. It wouldn't take much to make the textures look better from high altitudes because right now it just looks like a complete blur. If Ugra doesn't come back to fix this I'm not buying anything from them anymore (and I was about to - now my purchase is on hold until this is fixed)

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Reflected said:

This was first reported in Dec 2019. I haven't heard a word from Ugra, not a 'sorry, we're on it', nothing. I've been really patient, but this is terrible customer service from their part. 

@ptisinge, now those missions are available using the Channel map too, if you have it.

Screen_210619_104634.png

It is really disappointing, I always wanted you to make a Tomcat campaign in Syria or Persia but from now I will refrain from asking about Syria... Ironically I think Syria map is the best...

• Like 2

Hi,

Ugra guys: Are you ashamed of yourself? For 2 years a very ugly area has existed and you have even reacted, responded, or better (which is expected for paid stuff) fixed if!

ED guys: Do you have a solution to put pressure on Ugra to finish their job and not just come away with the money?

Cheers

DG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 11:02 PM, dggoofy said:

Hi,

Ugra guys: Are you ashamed of yourself? For 2 years a very ugly area has existed and you have even reacted, responded, or better (which is expected for paid stuff) fixed if!

ED guys: Do you have a solution to put pressure on Ugra to finish their job and not just come away with the money?

Cheers

DG

It seems that neither Ugra or ED cares a bit about Normandy. You can see posts here for at least the last year with no replies from them as to whether they will every revisit Normandy and fix anything. A simple 'no' would actually be better than let lots of people hanging... it only helps to worsen people's opinion about Ugra and ED with pure ignorance. 

• Like 3

13900@5.8Ghz, Asus TUF 4090 OC, 64GB@6400mhz DDR5, 4K, TrackIR 5, Tobii, Virpil CM2, CM3
F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | A-10C II | AV-8B | AH-64D |  MI-24P | MI-8 | BS 2 | UH-1H | Mosquito | BF 109 | Spitfire | P-47D | CA | SC | WWII AP

ED has consistently said that Ugra, who apparently do not frequent this forum, are going back to Normandy after Syria is finished. Syria just had a major update and I expect they are understandably working on a hotfix for it now.

They also have a huge map due for 1C-777 in the next 12 months and I'm not sure how that fits into their workflow.  I also infer that they are a fairly small team. 

If you have flown in the Syria map you can clearly see that they have not forgotten about Normandy with all the Normandy 44 billboards. 

I expect that most of the reported bugs and map anomalies will be fixed and some improvements to make it more in line with new maps;

I am hopeful that given the addition of Cyprus to the Syria map, that we will get some of the additional features that the community has requested, and

I would be ecstatic if they scrubbed the map entirely and started again using all the experience gained from working on Syria.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was scratching my head for 3 days wondering if my installation files were broken.

Tried several times to fix by reinstalling the DCS.

Now I know this is deliberate castration of the Normandy map. I'm very disappointed.
I bought the "Big show" campaigning and it simply looks ugly because of this issue.

Glad Reflected done modification in his campaigning in order to fly the same missions on "Channel" map.
But this requires that you buy both "Channel" and "Normandy" which I see as a rip off on war birds fans.
Especially that Normandy got proper textures in those areas back in time.

The bottom line is we paid for full content and than product quality was deliberately degraded.

• Like 3