[REPORTED] Very low detail areas in Normandy

Reflected

Hi,

First of all, thank you for updating the Normandy map, it's a huge improvement, IMO. There is a big problem though:

Before, the areas outside of the high level detail areas were ugly, but usable. Now they've become much much worse, like in a 1994 game. Can we have the old "ugly parts" restored please?

Thank you!

E.g. near Calais, the "old ugly parts" still visible on the left side, but then the new ones take over:

attachment.php?attachmentid=223248&stc=1&d=1576724408

Screen_191219_103814.thumb.png.fb4c7ae8269e6066716ffac842316f80.png

• Like 2

Is this a bug or feature request? If so take it to their forum section

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah its a bad place to have this happen. The battle of Britain mission is fooking brilliant immersion wise in VR, but the terrain problem is a noticeable detraction/distraction!

• Like 1

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

• 3 weeks later...

Any words on this, please? Today I found this east of Rouen. That is not the sea. The sea is visible on the left side of the picture. The old "outside of the map lo-res" tiles looked bad, but quite OK for the purpose. This, however, is an immersion breaker for now. Fingers crossed for a quick fix.

95fe26b6c6.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Dear Ugra Media,

It's been almost a year since this was reported. The Normandy map is in great shape, looks good and performance is awesome. But I'm really disappointed that this atrocious-looking area has not been fixed. The thread title says "Reported" but we haven't heard any official word from you guys. Please fix this. Thank you.

Screen_201107_172238.thumb.png.8a3e8144209920fee8ad3e98bcaefaaf.png

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Ugra Media need a kick in the ass. A year later and not even a reply. They have made a lot of money selling this map and have literally put the one finger up to paying customers. ED should be putting pressure on them to repair this. Really pissed off as it's a decent map, however a big black texture is breaking immersion!!!

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

• Like 4

On 11/7/2020 at 6:19 PM, Reflected said:

Dear Ugra Media,

It's been almost a year since this was reported. The Normandy map is in great shape, looks good and performance is awesome. But I'm really disappointed that this atrocious-looking area has not been fixed. The thread title says "Reported" but we haven't heard any official word from you guys. Please fix this. Thank you.

Screen_201107_172238.thumb.png.8a3e8144209920fee8ad3e98bcaefaaf.png

Hideous

• Like 2

This just highlights the problem with contracting this kind of work without the requirement for ongoing maintenance and improvement.
There was one major update that happened a couple of years back which pretty much saved DCS WW2 at the time. A few more efforts like that could make this product properly competitive.

There are so many issues still with the Normandy map. If only the same level of fidelity was put into this map that is put into the modern jet-related modules we'd be golden.
Would that a team of customers could be put together and given access to this map.. a whole load of problems could be addressed such as the blank areas, rivers flowing up hills, broken road and rail pathing etc....

• Like 4

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

• ED Team

The team are currently busy but will be revisiting Normandy, I just can not say when yet. 

thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2