DCS: de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk VI Discussion

msalama

Cant wait to sneak up on unsuspecting 109s then dash away fast as all hell, on another note i hope we can get the bouncing bombs, 4000lbs bomb and the 57 mm molins cannon, would mean more then one version of the aircraft though.

Oh well we have 3 different Gazelles!

if i would know theres definitly gonna be a pfm and fully clickable cockpit i will buy, if its stands in the stars id rather not.

i would prefer it to be released as ai first and then like all the other warbirds clickable and what not. i hope ed will continue to be different then other sims and stay on track. Its just a so much better simulator and it would be a sad day for lots of us if that would change.

ED just team up with more third parties and develop a reasonable set of planes and ground vehicles for a complete ww2 scenario. if all the third parties would build one plane we would have a rich environment in about one year!

Oh well, I might aswel jump in too then.

PFM is always happening, nothing less - at least from ED's hands. But if I had a choice between a Mosquito (or any other module) with SSM, or no Mossie at all, Id take the Mossie with SSM any day.

What Id prefer is a totally different matter, and rather irrelevant.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I could look at and listen to warbirds engine startup and idle all day long. There just is something very therapeutic about it.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

We need an ASMR channel of just that! :D

Eh... not sure about that either. They do sound awesome, but I still wouldn't characterize the sound as relaxing by any measure ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 2 months later...
Of the many aircraft types my father flew the Mossie was his all time favourite (flew it with 305 Sqn RAF).

Tell us more. Pick your dad's brain. Please more anecdotes, anything, everything. PLEASE tell us more.

Your dad is a part of history that is rapidly disappearing. Please record what you can and please keep us informed as well, if at all possible. Please?

Bloody-A. Now ye folks at ED please tell Yo-Yo that if he nails the FM - aaaand ye other folks do a proper ASM on her too - you'll be made flight sim community GODS for all time. So here's hoping.

Cant wait to sneak up on unsuspecting 109s then dash away fast as all hell, on another note i hope we can get the bouncing bombs, 4000lbs bomb and the 57 mm molins cannon, would mean more then one version of the aircraft though.

Oh well we have 3 different Gazelles!

Fighter-bomber sounds good. 57mm cannon could be awesome! So far we just have the 37mm on the Mig-15.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

• 1 month later...

That's a beautiful bird :)

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Man, that's just.. frikkin' A. And we're getting the burdie too. You just don't see these beauties airworthy these days anymore, and badabing, here's one.

So frikkin' beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Man, just gotta reiterate. Never was interested in flying the C172. Never was interested in flying any of the tubeliners either. Fighters, west or east, ditto. Choppers, well OK, the Mi-8 perhaps, wouldn't have been possible anyway.

Now enter the Mossie. Bloody hell. Would've sold both my kidneys to get a licence to fly one for real. Alas, no chance. So am extremely infatuated that we're getting one. But WHEN???

FB VI PZ474 made it's first flight after retoration last week, in New Zealand.

I have a friend who works at Ardmore, he gave me a call last Thursday and said get ya ass out here. I raced out and saw her do a couple of low passes and then land. Such a beautiful aircraft.

I was out at Ardmore late last year where they were showing the restorted mossie off, I'll post some picture once I down size them.

I cannot wait to fly this bird in DCS only wish is that my grandfather was still around to teach me himself. He is the handsome devil on the left, George Holmes and his D for Duck in the background.

IMG_2979.JPG?raw=1

IMG_2981.JPG?raw=1

Edited by cocoNUTSnz
Update

• 2 weeks later...
PFM is compulsory for any aircraft from ED. Mosquito is very rich plane in regard of available data, so I do not see a reason not get it and then upgrade to ASM.

PFM, as I told earlier, includes absolutely the same parts at the same level as the full model without any compromise for an airframe, an engine, a prop and all that jazz about propwash. The same weapons.

My humble opinion for whatever it is worth. We need PFM, and AFM/SSM, both are important to the future of sim flight. I have many friends I am trying to get into DCS, and the PFM models with clickable cockpits is overwhelming and very steep learning curve for them. Having birds like the T51, SU-25, along with other offerings make entry into DCS easier. Thinking long term for the Sim market and community growth.

Even with my ability to drastically reduce the knowledge ramp for friends into the A-10C, the AFM/SSM models are what they get initially interested in.

I am using definitions of "professional flight model" and "Advanced Flight model" (+), with SSM as listed in tech questions of forums.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

I think that the issue is more the systems management for the individual aircraft rather than the flight models. The more realistic the flight model, the better as far as I am concerned but when the newbie has to learn to manage all of the complex systems associated with each type, whether it be manifold pressure/RPM along with coolant and oil temps and cowl flaps and radiator louvers, or all the functions of a modern radar. I believe this is where we lose some that are just in it for the fun of feeling like a pilot without having to study for a week before even being able to start the engine. I'm not judging mind you, just making an observation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Management of ww2 birds are pretty straight forward. For a newbie an a10c is overwhelming, but a ww2 bird not so much.

Agree also with Rogo, switch Magnetos together and Fuel Pumps ist straight foward, also the Process is pretty much repeatable for the WW2 Planes.

This Disscussion is ongoing since the old Days of Flight Sims, should the WW2 Planes more realistic with full clickable Cockpits or Simple Managment is enough.

I think Flying the Birds succesfull as Beginner is difficult, it's a deep learning Curve where you can allways improve.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Sincerely hope that DCS are able to provide low level bombing delayed action fuses before the Mosquito is released; officially commissioned history of the Royal Air Force specifically mentions 10 second and 30 second delayed action fuses.

Happy landings,

Talisman

+1,000,000,000

Something of a prerequisite for low-level Mossie ops

Management of ww2 birds are pretty straight forward. For a newbie an a10c is overwhelming, but a ww2 bird not so much.

Except if you hot start the A-10C, guns, A2A or Iron bombs are all simple, and you don't have to worry about managing the aircraft at all.

You never have to worry about reducing boost before rpm, about watching engine temps (ever cooked the A-10C climbing out at full power ?), about switching tanks etc, etc.

Yes, WWII aircraft have simpler weapons delivery systems, but engine management & navigation (+ TO & L) are generally more complicated.

Cheers.

Except if you hot start the A-10C, guns, A2A or Iron bombs are all simple, and you don't have to worry about managing the aircraft at all.

You never have to worry about reducing boost before rpm, about watching engine temps (ever cooked the A-10C climbing out at full power ?), about switching tanks etc, etc.

Yes, WWII aircraft have simpler weapons delivery systems, but engine management & navigation (+ TO & L) are generally more complicated.

its really hard to compare an a-10c to ww2 birds in the first place.

navigation is not complicated in ww 2 planes, just looking out the window basically... TO and L are definatly harder but that´s the fun of it i think.

engine management in the german planes is fairly simple actually, just watch the temperature gauges and watch your rpm´s. i dont have lots of flying hours in the mustang so i cant really tell, tho i never had problems. is that really so demanding?

anyhow i think i get what your trying to say,

have fun flying