DCS: de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk VI Discussion

msalama

OK, the thread is here then. :D

As 9L said, we're going to get one eventually. No telling when, but it's coming. So lads and ladettes, a beer or 17 AGAIN???

:beer:

I mean, I just CANNOT be the only one who's still ecstatic after hearing the news...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

im curious if it will be a full fidelity module like the already released ww2 birds, or if its going to be

one of the upcoming lower fidelity modules announced earlier. i have the feeling, that except the p47 and me262 which they promised to be full fidelity modules, the new ww2 fighters will be modules part of the flying legends pack....which is planned to be at flaming cliffs level from what i understood.

Mossie deserves to be a fully fledged module. You are talking about one of the outstanding aircraft designs of WWII. It would not make sense to not make a highly detailed simulation of this wonderful aeroplane in my opinion.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

one of the outstanding aircraft designs of WWII

She is exactly that. And her not getting the full DCS treatment would, in my book, be nothing short of a travesty.

Now I do understand there being grave difficulties in modelling something as rare as the Mosquito to the fullest fidelity. But if that is not achievable, then please, just leave her alone. No need to degrade her by giving us garbage, plenty of games do that already. And DCS is no game ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• ED Team

I think that the terms "high fidelity" or "low fidelity" are not valid for the new announced grade of modeling. It's better to consider it as a earlier stage of the early access, because the airframe, prop and engine modeling are at the same level as for the full grade models. Having system modeling at the level of generic allows to reduce development time adding a new plane to the set. If the plane is interesting for users, full grade systems will appear for sure.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

It all depends on the advantages of full fidelity vs FC3/FL...and by “advantages” I mean $€£¥R for ED.

All it’d take is for a group of people to form a company, get permissions and licenses, and start working on full fidelity details...

Edited by VZ_342

• ED Team
Well just my opinion, but no purchase if it's a lockon-level module. But that's just me, obviously.

So, A-10A or even Su-27 are not interesting? In other words, if A-10A was available few months before C, you would not buy it?

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

I'd rather have a few more "simpler" planes in the foreseeable future than one fully fledged out module once every few years.

And if I understand Yoyo correctly it is possible that these planes get the full "Treatment" if well received.

Yes, I fully concur. If it would allow to fill Normandy with greater volume of aircraft in a shorter span, than its obviously a right approach. And later, those modules could become full fidelity or as Yoyo says full grade.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Hang on, it could be an AI aircraft (that’s how I read it):

An important aspect DCS World War II is the addition of additional player-controlled and AI aircraft. Some of these include the P-47D, Mosquito, A-20, C-47, Fw 190 A-8, and Ju-88

I'm not an expert on the Mosquito .. can someone tell me, based on the screenshots shown by ED, which version of the Mosquito it is?

Thanks a lot :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

So, A-10A or even Su-27 are not interesting? In other words, if A-10A was available few months before C, you would not buy it?

I can't speak for msalama, but for me it's full modules or nothing.

Even though I do want to play with the Su-27 (and -25 for that matter *hint*) I'm waiting on you guys to bring out a full ASM Su-27 :)

Same applies to the Mossie, I'm very interested in it as an airplane, but if it only comes in SSM flavour I will not buy it.

Edited by Buzzles

Im here for full DCS modules.

I understand other approaches like FC and MC, but for me the answer is no.

I preffer to wait for the A-10C the same way i preffer a full DCS Mosquito-FW-190 A8 than the MC-FC version.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I preffer to wait for the A-10C the same way i preffer a full DCS Mosquito-FW-190 A8 than the MC-FC version.

I agree! I only buy planes professional level. And everyone I know has the same thought. :thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

They are interesting - for years the Su-27 was what kept me interested in the series - but as you'll have seen from the endless threads asking for a DCS level Su-27, many of us would find the 'full' version more interesting...

So would I buy the simple version knowing there was the possibility of a full version ?

Using the FC.A-10A and DCS.A-10C as a precedent for the capabilities of the two types...

If - from inception - the (for example) 'MAC'.Mossie B Mk IV & the DCS.Mossie FB Mk VI were planned, and from the start it was stated that the Mk IV would come out, priced @ lets say $40, and that later the Mk VI could be released with full system modelling @ (L.S.) $70, and that owners of the Mk IV could upgrade to the VI for $ 30, then I would jump all over the Mk IV both as something interesting to tide me over until the full version arrived, and as a means of helping with E.D.'s cashflow. if after the upgrade, the user still had access to both the 'simple' B Mk IV and the DCS.FB Mk VI, then upgrade price could be > $30, maybe $40 and that would still seem reasonable. If the path were definite, I'd pony up for the full module up front and treat the simple version as early access.

If the same deal were offered, but the development of the full module was conditional on sales of the 'simple systems' module, I would still get it, both to get some module of a plane I love (in an 'a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush & if the full module never turns up, I've got something' way), and to increase the likelihood of the full module appearing.

If it were announced that the B Mk IV would be released, and that 6 months later the FB Mk VI would be coming, and that there would be no upgrade path, I might wait for the later full version.

If the B Mk IV were released as a simple system module, with no mention of the likelihood of a FB Mk VI (edit) and I bought it (/edit), and then the FB Mk VI were announced with no possibility of an upgrade path, I'd feel unhappy.

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

same here

I started with FC3, but the clickable cockpit does not let me go back..not even for my first love Su25T :) plus the ns430 works only with keyboard :P

Su34 & F111 a dream fullfilled in fsx...[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 5600, 1050ti, 16 GVram, win10 , TM W hotas&rudder, waiting for 1060/1070 price fall or a new gpu family..f*&9 miners :)

Mosquito-2s.jpg

Hugely excited!

2 questions though:

1. Roundels?!?! After the repeated evidence reported for the spitfire can this still not be got right?

2. Will the exhaust types be optional? The majority of FB Mk.VI had the shrouded type.

Edited by DD_Fenrir
Typo

I backed WWII Europe and had the P-47 as my main bird, and Im eagerly awaiting it. Back then it was mentioned that the Mossie would only see the light of day, if the product was commercially very successful, and up until now, I didnt even dare to dream about a Mossie in DCS. It is my favorite WWII plane, followed by the P-47 and P-38, so Im super exited about this.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |