DCS WWII Map Discussion

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i understood correctly, ED is working on a new WWII map, European map, did i?

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Wow.. interesting.. although I'd far rather see more of the existig map fleshed out including asset pack etc..

Hi,

:thumbup:

-------------------------------------

:ranting:Remember - the release of the Normandy map / Assets-Pack ( they are for me ONE modul ) was 26 May 2017 - nearly 15 months ago

DCS World Weekend Update - 2 June 2017

"With the Early Access, Alpha release of the DCS: Normandy 1944 Map and the DCS: World War II Assets Pack, the team is very focused on moving these projects from Alpha to Beta, and then Beta to Final release as soon as possible. Our teams devoted to these projects are working hard and making great progress.

A big part of this effort is fleshing out the DCS: World War II Assets Pack. We have included some work-in-progress images of new Asset Pack units coming to DCS World: C-47, Ju-88, Sd.Kfz. 234/2 Puma, and Sd.Kfz.251.

We are also continuing to develop the P-47 and Me 262, as part of the original Kickstarter plan.

This is a huge year for DCS World War II that will continue to grow and improve as the year progresses."

HOW are we fighting with four purchasable fighter moduls - especially as single player

Improvement of the AI-flight-model - ?

Improvement of the Damage-model - ?

AGAINST what besides the B-17

Avro Lancaster ? Hawker Typhoon ? C-47 ? Ju-88 ? Fw 190 A-6 and A-8 ? Bf 109 G-6 ? A-20 Havoc/Boston ? B-24 ? B-25 ? B-26 ?

Would I buy the Normandy map + Assets-Pack with my todays knowledge - NO

Will I buy another WWII map - NO

Hi,

-------------------------------------

:ranting:Remember - the release of the Normandy map / Assets-Pack ( they are for me ONE modul ) was 26 May 2017 - nearly 15 months ago

DCS World Weekend Update - 2 June 2017

"With the Early Access, Alpha release of the DCS: Normandy 1944 Map and the DCS: World War II Assets Pack, the team is very focused on moving these projects from Alpha to Beta, and then Beta to Final release as soon as possible. Our teams devoted to these projects are working hard and making great progress.

A big part of this effort is fleshing out the DCS: World War II Assets Pack. We have included some work-in-progress images of new Asset Pack units coming to DCS World: C-47, Ju-88, Sd.Kfz. 234/2 Puma, and Sd.Kfz.251.

We are also continuing to develop the P-47 and Me 262, as part of the original Kickstarter plan.

This is a huge year for DCS World War II that will continue to grow and improve as the year progresses."

HOW are we fighting with four purchasable fighter moduls - especially as single player

Improvement of the AI-flight-model - ?

Improvement of the Damage-model - ?

AGAINST what besides the B-17

Avro Lancaster ? Hawker Typhoon ? C-47 ? Ju-88 ? Fw 190 A-6 and A-8 ? Bf 109 G-6 ? A-20 Havoc/Boston ? B-24 ? B-25 ? B-26 ?

Would I buy the Normandy map + Assets-Pack with my todays knowledge - NO

Will I buy another WWII map - NO

Normandy map was builder by Ugra Media. Assets Pas has build by ED, and continue expanded them. No expansions planned yet to Normandy. Ugra media has actually yet working on Siria map. Will be updates on Normandy after Siria (No promises).

AI flight model and Damage model on working by ED.

C-47, Ju-44, A-20 and Mosquito AI model working by ED. Yo-Yo has "plans" to build a Mosquito module meanwhile working on the P-47, continue search info about Me-262. Chizh talk about a searching info about Ju-88, P-63 King Cobra.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Normandy map was builder by Ugra Media. Assets Pas has build by ED, and continue expanded them. No expansions planned yet to Normandy. Ugra media has actually yet working on Siria map. Will be updates on Normandy after Siria (No promises).

AI flight model and Damage model on working by ED.

C-47, Ju-44, A-20 and Mosquito AI model working by ED. Yo-Yo has "plans" to build a Mosquito module meanwhile working on the P-47, continue search info about Me-262. Chizh talk about a searching info about Ju-88, P-63 King Cobra.

Hi,

Maybe I misunderstand your intention / listing as Master of the "DCS Roadmap"

Is it for me as customer relevant who makes what - NO

How old are the first screenshots of the Ju-88, C-47, ... 15 months or more and they are AI-planes

How long will it take to get a proper WW2 scenario including something from "The DCS: World War II Assets Pack will continue to grow with DCS: Combined Arms compatibility and free asset additions that includes: ..."

Another 15 months ?

Hi,

Maybe I misunderstand your intention / listing as Master of the "DCS Roadmap"

Is it for me as customer relevant who makes what - NO

How old are the first screenshots of the Ju-88, C-47, ... 15 months or more and they are AI-planes

How long will it take to get a proper WW2 scenario including something from "The DCS: World War II Assets Pack will continue to grow with DCS: Combined Arms compatibility and free asset additions that includes: ..."

Another 15 months ?

The AI 3D WW2 team continue working on AI assets and some of the has actually present into DCS (no aircraft's) if you review my "unofficial" Roadmap and modelviewer videos. That AI units has on a similar situation from the other "modern" AI assets on develop by main ED team, on progress, "Subject to changes" and on continue redone and expansion, as Sa-2, Rapiers, Su-34, Scud, HY-2, other vehicles, weapons, ships, etc. The release date has yet "unknown".

I was a day 1 old KS baker and I follow the release of the "WW2 assets pack" from the old initial release "15 months ago", the develop news, the sub-sequence updates and new units release and in progress. Of course, the WW2 assets pack has on continuos expansion, but you have actually near 50% more units from the initial release.

The last AI WW2 Ju-88, C-47, A-20 pìcs was show by ED team was on November, 17 2017

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3294611&postcount=117

Others AI WW2 units pìcs (Ships) was show by one of ED WW2 Partner on May, 25 2018

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3499889&postcount=1233

The WW2 assets pack last update was on 8 June 2018

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3522898&postcount=145

Actually has some units 3D models into DCS WW2 assets pack, but not integrated into mission editor as:

- Flak-41

- Flakscheinwerfer 37

- Maschinenstz 33

And surely with time, we see more and more.

The actual "missing" AI units as:

- A-20G Havok

- C-47 Dakota

- Heinkel 111

- Ju-88A-4/Torp

- E-boat Schnellboot type S-130

- Type VII-С/41

The Mosquito light bomber can be other AI unit incoming to WW2 AI pack (or as module) by Yo-Yo talks.

And other AI units "planned". The compatibility of CA, has actually "partial", some units can be "drive able" by CA, and other has not integrated into them. Take Calm and wait for news.

• ED Team
So where are the ai aircraft and what is their status. Think most are tired of generalizations and want actual data.

I am going to ask to get some screenshots, new ones, put in an upcoming newsletter, I know I have seen things like liveries being worked on for at least 2 upcoming AI aircraft, so should be something to show you guys. Sorry for the OT on map talk ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

The Corsair still is a 3rd party module by Magnitude 3. More info here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198957

Questions about the Corsair have to be asked there. Theoretically they should also be working on the Iwo Jima Map.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Iwo Jima or the Solomons would be awesome

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Iwo Jima or the Solomons would be awesome

Iwo Jima is in development for the F4U Corsair as I said before.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

On "Hold" actually. The old Steam module was before Leatherneck / Heatblur Split.

Yes, the last update dates back to 2015, that is three years ago so on what basis can I say that Iwo Jima is still in development since we have not heard from just for years?

Yes, the last update dates back to 2015, that is three years ago so on what basis can I say that Iwo Jima is still in development since we have not heard from just for years?

We haven't heard anything to the contrary either and they are still developing the F4U Corsair as a starter for a Pacific Theater. ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

We haven't heard anything to the contrary either and they are still developing the F4U Corsair as a starter for a Pacific Theater. ;)

Actually we have:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3581001&postcount=9

And

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3581242&postcount=15

It would make sense for the Corsair to have a map but looks like a new effort by M3 will be needed or wait for Cobra to finish it and release his "personal portfolio" although he hints that M3 is working on something on their own.

Edited by 71st_AH Rob

It would make sense for the Corsair to have a map but looks like a new effort by M3 will be needed or wait for Cobra to finish it and release his "personal portfolio" although he hints that M3 is working on something on their own.

That's what I'm saying: The Iwo Jima map and the WW2 pacific theater is with M3, not with Heatblur. So yeah, Cobra and the others of Heatblur don't work on that (anymore).

Tornado3 small.jpg