DCS: Me 262 Discussion (Development on hold currently)

NineLine

8 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Please try to remember Eagle Dynamics saved the failed Kickstarter, dont go making silly comments. 

thanks

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/description

kickstarter1944.png

Certainly it doesn't help how CowanSim stumbled into this thread. But he is still right, ED was part of this whole project. Not financially in the Kickstarter, but still part of the project, or what does "...in partnership..." mean? ED could have dropped the whole thing, but I think Igor had the feeling to honor the 2553 participants by taking over and fulfilling this project, even if it takes some time. And what prevented ED from adjusting the planned modules?

Back then ED and DCS were not as big as they are now and I and certainly many others supported ED by buying modules they never intended to use.

Unfortunately Igor went far to early from us and shortly after that was the point where I felt the project was "dropped".

I still hear the artist formerly known as Sithspawn saying: "Nick loves the Hellcat"

I feel forsaken by ED in this regard.

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

• ED Team
1 hour ago, iFoxRomeo said:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/description

kickstarter1944.png

Certainly it doesn't help how CowanSim stumbled into this thread. But he is still right, ED was part of this whole project. Not financially in the Kickstarter, but still part of the project, or what does "...in partnership..." mean? ED could have dropped the whole thing, but I think Igor had the feeling to honor the 2553 participants by taking over and fulfilling this project, even if it takes some time. And what prevented ED from adjusting the planned modules?

Back then ED and DCS were not as big as they are now and I and certainly many others supported ED by buying modules they never intended to use.

Unfortunately Igor went far to early from us and shortly after that was the point where I felt the project was "dropped".

I still hear the artist formerly known as Sithspawn saying: "Nick loves the Hellcat"

I feel forsaken by ED in this regard.

Yes, we were also partners with VEAO, and we took our lumps with that, as we are partners with each and every 3rd Party we sign a contract with in order to help them bring their vision and piece of DCS World to life.  

I suppose calling me by my old name is some form of frustration or attempt at insult, if that helps you work through this then I am here to take the lumps. The fact remains that Ilya was the lead on that project, the direction was his to make. He made some poor calls on things like offering the terrain editor to people, etc. This is all water under the bridge, we are trying to move forward and we tried to make the most of the Kickstarter that we could.

The 262 is the only aircraft that hasn't made it. We are getting things more interesting in the grand scheme. When Igor passed management of ED also shifted, Nick is a big fan of WWII and has many many experiences with aircraft from that era, right as far as flying them. I trust his vision and decision on what we will see in DCS. Yeah, he loves the Hellcat, I am going to predict most DCS users, even those that never gave it much thought, will also love it one day. 

I won't talk again about the 262, I have said it enough times. I can't keep going in circles about this so I guess this is at a point where this thread needs to be closed until there is something new about the 262. I even talked to Nick about the 262 on our trip, and the thoughts I shared of the same. A G6, a Zero, a P-38.... I could go on about all the aircraft done at DCS level I want to see. 

The 262 is on hold, this is the news we have right now. You are welcome to continue this in DMs with me, I can pass messages on to management but this is where it is at right now. I am sorry as I know this upsets some of you. 

Thanks
NineLine/Norm (Artist formerly known as SiThSpAwN)
Associate Producer
Community Manager

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png