DCS: Me 262 Discussion (Development on hold currently)

NineLine

I am looking forward to this more that any of the other WWII birds. It should be really interesting to fly.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It would be great to fly a first generation reactor with all the dangers it carries

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

It would be nice to see it but only if it had an equal adversary, maybe a meteor?

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

i have seen that VEAO are planning those aircraft but I won't hold my breath. They seem to have many aircraft under development but not many being released. I sincerely wish them all the best and hope they get them all out but will temper my expectations.

Before the VEAO fan club jump to their defence, this is just my personal opinion.

I also think we need a bomber for it to shoot down before we see an ME 262.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

^^^ Darn double sniped!:megalol:

I'm definitely looking forward to this bird. I thought we already had a thread started about her though. Friedrich-4/B has some interesting docs in the first posts. I don't read German, but they are there if you can. :thumbup:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=138925&highlight=Me-262

Avialogs.com is where I think they are from, plus a couple of others not in the thread post.

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/germany/messerschmitt/me262.html

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

A DCS Me 262?!?! Why "heck" yes!!!! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Besides voulching it, i don't see many chances for that. Provided the pilot in it has a brain.^^[/quote ]

At least I have advantages. I can definitely turn tighter and I am able hit far targets with .50cals reliably due to high muzzle velocity.

And I didn't say it is going to be easy, but easier than with K4 that I have no real advantage over

Also, flying that fast is going to make the plane hard to aim at slower moving targets. And I can imagine many players won't have thepatience to do that. And a slow 262 is a dead 262 :3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Do you think anybody will be so insane to get into T&B with the Me2...?

Erase that, yes, will be people for sure... :lol: :lol: :lol:

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Do you think anybody will be so insane to get into T&B with the Me2...?

Erase that, yes, will be people for sure... :lol: :lol: :lol:

S!

Exactly ::sly:

:smoke:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Besides voulching it, i don't see many chances for that. Provided the pilot in it has a brain.^^

that's why we'll have a few K-4's circling around the field, as the 262's T/O and land... :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Just realized we didnt have a discussion thread for this bird, who is looking forward to a ED PFM experience with this one... I know I am.

Very excited to see the Me 262 fighting with Mustangs, Spits, and P-47s. But you know Sith if your going to start a thread like this it would of been great to see a WIP picture or any word on development. :music_whistling: