TOO to Waypoint (Mark Point)

NakedSquirrel

Is there an quick and efficient way to use TOO mode to mark multiple target waypoints with the TGP?

Coming from the A-10C, I'm spoiled with the ability to easily create mark points. I will fly outside of a target area, place mark points at enemy target locations and points of interest. This way I can drop most of my ordinance in one quick run, kill high priority targets, and keep track of targets to share with wingmen.

I realize the F18 doesn't have mark points, but is there a way to achieve a similar workflow and use the TGP to create new waypoints on the fly?

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

Until DCS F-18 gets mark points the most "shooting form the hip" FLIR-to-JDAM pipline is: Step away to the next station (or release) while constantly delivering constant target designation by FLIR.

So I would slew to first target, step to next JDAM, slew to second target, step to next JDAM, etc. until I got to the point that stepping to the next JDAM is the first one and would overwrite the coordinates I had prepared. At that point press undesignate button to stop the flow of coordinates then drop-drop-drop-drop. Each JDAM will remember the coordinates supplied when it was last active.

F18 does have them IRL, and will in DCS
I think the OP meant it doesn't have them in dcs at the moment. Rather than at all in RL.

Mark Points is by far the biggest thing I want added to the F18 at the moment to improve cockpit work flow. I flew the A10c recently again and it's so much better, I know it has a different design philosophy but even with the F18 systems, mark points will be a huge improvement in quality of life!

LoL

The irony that Wags would announce mark points the day after I ask!

Oh well. Thanks for the tips. I thought I could somehow use TOO on a JDAM to make new waypoints. The coordinates on the TGP will update a weapon station's coordinate data, but I wasn't sure if you could take that coordinate and feed it back as a waypoint without manually entering it.

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3