Harpoon Turn Point doubt

raus

Hi all,

Been recently playing with the Harpoon against a single Molniya. I wanted to launch my 4 Harpoons and get each of them arriving from a diferent angle, so I configured 4 Waypoints around the boat, and used them as HPTP for each missile, and then adjusted the final bearing from the HPTP to the boat.

The problem is that all 4 missiles got the last HPTP entered. Is this so? Or is it a bug? Can we only have one HPTP at a time, for any harpoon?

PS: btw, it took all 4 missiles to sink the boat. If only one was downed, then it would not be enough :O

HPTP captures the current waypoint at the moment HPTP was boxed for that weapon. What is shown on the HSI is not representative of what happens at launch.

waypoint 1

HTPT

STEP

waypoint 2

HTPT

STEP

waypoint 3

HTPT

STEP

waypoint 4

HTPT

LAUNCH

LAUNCH

LAUNCH

LAUNCH

You'll get missiles traveling toward waypoints 4, 1, 2, 3 in that order. The HSI won't update the display though when stepping stations.

The HSI won't update the display though when stepping stations.

It should though, right? It should display the path that the currently selected weapon will follow, no?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro