F16 wont fire AG now for Me

ctguy1955

I do not know why all of a sudden sense the last Open Beta 2.5.6 update, only AA works on JUST the Viper.. Even going into the List and hitting 8 and changing it to AG, still only fires AA.

I did a Repair, and it made no difference.

I will post My last Log.

dcs.log

Edited by ctguy1955

OK, I just ran the Standard version and the SRS window on right MFD worked

and I was able to use a CBU97 with no problems.

So to Me, that means if a repair did not work on the 4.5.6 newest Open Beta, something is very wrong, and it cant be My PC.

I also have a Beta SSD set up and have not upgraded it.

Should I make youtube videos and post the proof here via copy and paste ????

Thanks for Your Help with this, and I watched Matts video today and cant

wait for the 4 different types of Mavericks for the Viper.

Edited by ctguy1955

Changing AA/AG by the DED is buggy and ED should fix it. Until they do just use the ICP AA and AG buttons as any real F-16 pilot would. The DED functionality is there in case those buttons fail. If you're curious mode selecting A-A causes A-G to toggle and selecting A-G causes A-A to toggle. It's enabling the opposite mode that is shown so it's possible to do but wrong and confusing.

The ICP buttons work as expected.

When it gets fixed what you'll see is the A-A and A-G text cycles by the SEQ direction of the DCS. To toggle enabling of the displayed mode press M-SEL. Mode is selected when it's in reverse video. Reverse video is a common feature of the F-16 and means the text background and text colors reverse and is used to denote when a feature is enabled. E.g. green background, black text on the DED. Either mode text not in reverse video means you are in NAV (e.g. A-A unselected or A-G unselected).

AA has two SMS submodes: GUN and AAM. AG has two SMS submodes: GUN and AG. AA-GUN is for shooting the cannon in air-to-air, AA-AAM is for air to air missiles, AG-GUN is for shooting the cannon against the surface (STRF will be next to OSB 2 and on the HUD), AG-AG is for all other air to surface weapons.