Destorying AI planes On Ground.

I can 100% guarantee that this is NOT your fault. ED does not know how to make damage models, AI or human. Human planes blow up instantly instead of breaking up upon running into trees or tail striking carrier decks. AI planes can fly on even after taking all of my rounds in a wing. I once even saw a MiG-25 fly straight and level after I cut off it's left wing.

that's not true these days, many physics with the warbirds at least are much improved. Also the Ai planes on the ground, no issue , thing is you don't need to destroy them in order to prevent them from flying. Good mission to test this if you have the Jug is fly the Airfield attack mission in Normandy. With 50 cal you must hit logical areas to get a total catastrophic damage and Destroy message.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Define "AI planes". I haven't tried this in ages, but static aircraft have always (used to) taken extreme amounts of damage before they are checked off or even show damage. Maybe things have improved sometime over the last year or so, but I've not seen nor heard about it.

TIP: if you are setting up a mission and want to have target aircraft on the ground that work like real aircraft, use real AI aircraft, but set them to "Uncontrolled". They will then be damaged like real AI aircraft and you can even use different liveries and bort numbers if you like.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

ED does not know how

So judging from your 3-post history, you joined the board because your life's mission is to tell the world how ED is the mother of all evil. Heh :megalol:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

So judging from your 3-post history, you joined the board because your life's mission is to tell the world how ED is the mother of all evil. Heh :megalol:

It's a thankless job, but somebody has to do it, right? :p

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
Define "AI planes". I haven't tried this in ages, but static aircraft have always (used to) taken extreme amounts of damage before they are checked off or even show damage. Maybe things have improved sometime over the last year or so, but I've not seen nor heard about it.

TIP: if you are setting up a mission and want to have target aircraft on the ground that work like real aircraft, use real AI aircraft, but set them to "Uncontrolled". They will then be damaged like real AI aircraft and you can even use different liveries and bort numbers if you like.

Static aircraft are pretty tough. Split an Su-34 with 500 lb high drag bombs and didn't even scratch the paint. Novosibirsk is a pretty gritty town, and they build their aircraft to match!

• 5 months later...

Does anyone have any recommendations / suggestions on how to deal with this problem? 

I'm trying to create a mission where the base is capturable by sending in ground units - but the aircraft just won't die if they're shot on the ground, stopping this from occurring.

I've come up with some ideas but they seem very messy at the moment, which includes:

Trigger that blows up aircraft: Check 'Unit Alive less than' for every unit that could be on the ground, and if all of these are less than 80 then explode each unit. This has the drawback if one is airborne and is shot but not too badly, it will just 'blow up'.  (I thought of doing this for every unit and only where AGL altitude is < 10 but exploding one causes a chain reaction of damage to the others that are nearby on the ground) and the airport I have is a small one without many parking options.

Trigger that Checks if allied ground forces are in the airport zone:  If found deactivate any remaining enemy aircraft if they're in that zone and unit life < 80. (This obviously just has aircraft 'disappear', and doesn't take into account any that may remain in the air - I'm just hoping that any airborne would be already dealt with by the time this occurs in the mission)

Both these ideas seem sloppy - but are the only work arounds I've been able to come up with so far - and I'm wondering if this is the best available, or if there are other better solutions?