DCS WWII SQUAD DIRECTORY

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello all. I fly with the Wolf Pack US group. I am hoping to get a few more warbird pilots in our ranks. Most of our crew fly jets which is fun but I like flying warbirds and am trying to grow the warbird community within our group. A lot of our members own a warbird but only a handful of us fly warbirds regularly.  We have a pretty decent sized community of virtual pilots. We have 4 dedicated servers at this time. One of those is solely for warbirds, which I create our content for. We have warbird mission nights on Saturday where the goal is to learn how to fly as a coordinated group to achieve our objective for the night. We have modern jet/helo mission nights on Tuesday and Thursdays as well if you are interested in that. We require no schedule or membership stuff and anyone is welcome to join. If interested come check out Wolf Pack https://discord.gg/7DSRhkb

Our warbird server runs on the open beta and can be found by searching for "Wolf Pack US Warbirds".  Right now on the warbirds server we are running a mission I built on the Caucasus map with the free WW2 assets so anyone can join in and fly as long as you have a warbird. I usually have our Normandy map up to fly but am trying to get some people who may not be ready to commit to spending money on warbird content involved with the WW2 side of stuff in DCS. Both the Normandy map and the Caucasus map run 24/7 (one at a time obviously). The 24/7 map is only taken down for a couple hours on Saturday at 730pm Central time so we can run our mission and then is put back up.

Here is the description for the warbird server. The Normandy map has bombers and a few different things going on but that is because I built it around the paid for assets pack.

Allies have CAP patrolling their side of the border and Axis have CAP patrolling their side of the border. Both have CAP in reserve positions as well. If a border is crossed AI units will engage targets and intercept fighters will be launched from various airfields.

Mission is defaulted to showing dots on enemy and friendly units. You can toggle from dot to no dot by pressing the shift key + F10.

Rearming and repairing must done at blue or red airfields.

Blue airfields: Anapa-Vityazevo and Krymsk

Red airfields: Gelendzhik and Krasnodar-Center

Everything is in this mission is autogenerated. All enemy ground units that are destroyed will respawn after a certain amount of time has passed. Ground units will respawn in different areas within a specified zone so ground targets offer a little more unpredictability. You will have to search out the targets to destroy them.

Keep an eye out for messages letting you know when certain target positions have been reported.

Wake turbulence is on.

Sorry for the long winded post. I am just trying to see of anyone not currently flying with a group wants to check us out. Attached are images of what the map layouts look like. 

Thank you 

Caucasus WW2 map.png

Blank Normandy v1.1.png

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

normandy2.jpg

"DCS World - WW2" is a Discord community for all things warbird related. We welcome partnerships with other Discord owners/operators that host warbird servers and events and serve as a hub for pilots looking to connect and fly with others. Anyone is welcome to join, participate in meaningful discussions, and add their own content in an effort to help grow and support the DCS warbird community. https://discord.gg/h8NYYMYuH8

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

hi all , great to see so many active ww2 squadrons here , we are trying to encourage some large scale formation work for both allied and axis pilots at 4YA WW2 , servers up 24/7 on the best hardware available , missions are optimised for performance and we have a thriving and growing community . Hope to see you all soon , cheers. 

• Like 3

sig sm.png

walshtimothyWW2 virtual flier - currently playing on 4ya ww2 - youtube channel here

https://www.ww2adinfinitum.blog -  https://projectoverlord.co.uk/