Read first before starting new thread.

Evoman

Please see this recent interview with Eagle Dynamics on the future of DCS.

The interview covers a wide range of questions that are always asked about in this section.

This is an interview that everyone should hear to be up to date.

''Before starting a new thread'' each poster should be encouraged to use the search function first. Also, nobody wants to watch a rambling two hour long interview.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

''Before starting a new thread'' each poster should be encouraged to use the search function first. Also, nobody wants to watch a rambling two hour long interview.

....especially from that YT channel. :rolleyes:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

It has been obvious that a lot of people here can't be bothered to do their research before posting so wouldn't it makes sence to just have an interview where they can just click and listen to. The interview even has a list of the questions so they can just fast forward to the parts that interest them.

But here is a quick overview of some of the points covered in the interview.

attachment.php?attachmentid=243963&stc=1&d=1596339591

"No good deed goes unpunished"

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Here are some main points of interest that this interview covered.

I will be updating this list little by little.

ED does not have plans to bring the Panavia Tornado to DCS but 3rd parties could do so if interested.

ED does not have plans to bring the Super Hornet

ED does not have plans to make the F-15C a full fidelity module at the moment

No century series fighters planed at the moment

The Mosquito will have muilticrew

MAC will be part of DCS replacing FC3.

There are no future plans to add heavies.

ED is looking into the possibility of doing a full fidelity Mig-29A

There are no plans to do procedure terrain generation like MS2020. They don't have that kind of budget like MS has.

ED is planning to add the ability to do walkaround inspections of aircraft pre flight.

Edited by Evoman

So, basically

''No to random wishlists that popup every ten days''? Shocking inside reveal @@ I also fail to see why this is in the wishlost threas... you say people don't do research or read stickies, but expect they'll read yours? Lol

Edited by zhukov032186

So, basically

''No to random wishlists that popup every ten days''? Shocking inside reveal @@ I also fail to see why this is in the wishlost threas... you say people don't do research or read stickies, but expect they'll read yours? Lol

I have lost count how many times I have had to explain to people posting in the wishlist section over and over again about some of the very same things covered in this interview. Most of it being about why Russian airplanes have been difficult to do.

Not to mention the countless FC3 aircraft people have requested were made into full fidelity.

Oh and lets not for get about the new threads that pop up like every month about the Tornado.

I have lost count how many times I have had to explain to people posting in the wishlist section.

Yep, that's cause most folks don't use search or read other threads. You're also trying to explain in a wishlist. That's fine, nothing wrong with debating feasibility etc, but it's not directly relevant either. It's the ''wish'' forum, not the ''well researched and technically feasible request'' forum.