[REPORTED]Interior cockpit lighting 2.5.6 too strong

cro_mig_21

It would now be really useful to have separate controls for flood and instrument lights. The new lighting in 2.5.6 introduced exaggerated interior lighting in all modules.

The MiG needs a fix desperately.

It's too strong in the Su-27, too. What the new lighting does, among other things, is increase the contrast between light and dark. So lights are brighter and darks are darker.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 3 weeks later...
Nothing to do with gama, others FC3's jets have correct cockpit lights.

Problems comes from ED last update with new lightnings improvement, many aircraft have cockpit lights too bright.

Please fix it :thumbup:

The -29’s cockpit lighting has always been too intense. But, since 2.5.6, it’s obnoxiously so.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Would be nice if they could just allow us to map flood and instrument lighting differently.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• ED Team

Hi all

thank you for the reports

this is reported to the team

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

I second the idea of having separate controls for instrument and flood lights. Who wants to fly with the flood lights on at night anyway...

I was pretty confused when I purchased the module yesterday and found out I couldn't set the interior lighting to make it look like this (picture which is on the product page) :

MiG-29-for-DCS-World-03.jpg

Thanks for your help ED!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm glad the cockpit lighting was toned down. My only complaint now is that the lights are blurry. It's like the backlighting is shining through some really foggy gauges. Does this bother anyone else?

It's been that way for a long time. It was just less noticeable when the entire panel and not just the gauges were lit. And, yes, it bothers me. It's almost as if the lit guages don't quite overlap the unlit gauges. Like having double vision.

_____

Can we have this fixed on su-27/33 too? Floodlights make it unbearable during night sorties.

Make a proper bug reports in the right subforums.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

But HSI needles and AH directors are not visible now. If the night is dark I do nit see them at all.

Yes, you're right. Atm it only looks good at night if moonlit like in post#12. When no moonlight (or in shadow) some instruments are not readable esp. HSI like in post#14 or ADI. Might be applicable to other instruments like should gears/flaps indicator have only lights? I don't know but you can't tell if flaps or inlet ramp light is on.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 4 weeks later...