I can't run any DCS1.2.3 modules...

foobolt

Hi

Congratulate on update 1.2.3! I succeeded in this update by "DCS_updater.exe".

However,it became impossible for me to play a game by this update.

It is satisfactory to start DCS:World application,I can see Version:1.2.3.9871 on the first screen.

But,if it is going to start a module, application will hang and stop.

attachment.php?attachmentid=77656&stc=1&d=1361931375

Then, only at first, this screen rises, and the usage rate of CPU of "DCS.exe" which appeared increases for a while, and stops at 0% immediately.

And there is no reaction until I terminate this DCS.exe process by a task manager.

After terminating a process, game displays the screen of "DEBRIEFING".

Even if this problem starts a module from InstantAction, MissionEditor, Campaign,it is the same.

In all the modules which I own,Ka-50,A-10C,P-51D,FC3,CA, this problem is the same.

Although I do not understand that it is detailed, according to the Event Viewer of windows, "Application Hang" of "dcs.exe" is recorded.

Moreover, DCS:BS2&DCS:A-10C(before DCS:World) can be played satisfactorily.

How is this problem solvable...?

system

[OS] Windows7pro64bit (Japanese)

[CPU] Intel Core-i7-2600K

[Physical Memory] 16.0GB

[GPU] Radeon7970(VRAM3GB)+Radeon7750(VRAM1GB)

[Monitor] SUMSUNG MD230x6,DELL U2711

[Devices] ThrustMaster HOTAS WARTHOG,HOTAS COUGAR Throttle,MFDx2,G940 Stick,Saitek X65F Throttle,Pro Quadrant*3,TrackIR5-ClipPro,Razer Nostromo,BU0836X*2

Thanks for any help!

hang.jpg.4696aa239ab40a5b96651f65d12bef7b.jpg

Edited by foobolt

Could be corruption of the DCS World download itself.

You can use the repair funtion, but with the mass-updating going on that might take a while. The repair function will re-download the client most likely.

A re-download of World by torrent and manual installation might be the quickest solution.

I used the torrent for World and it's modules, did a full manual re-installation and runs fine sofar.

Settings in the 'Saved Games/DCS' folder will remain present unless overwritten by the new client.

I guess fresh settings is always best. I usualy copy and paste the settings folder somewhere else and delete the old one to re-insert vital parts like missions etc. lateron in the newly generate settingsfolder.

Using old settings after an update can give trouble sometimes.

The downside is you need to walkthrough the settings and key-configs/calibrations again. In the end, it will pay off.

Edited by BRooDJeRo

Thx again for the good advice!

I challenge it, after back up the settings.

Even so, many devices which I use will require time for a re-setup of config very much...:cry_2:

I know what you mean. The solution to that is to have all personal key configurations in the software of said devices like the HOTAS etc. as much as possible.

In DCS only the default key configuration is used and everything else deleted that is inserted automaticly by DCS apart from X, Y, rudder, thottle both, TrackIR and axis tune.

This way a reinstallation takes the minimal amount of time.

Are sure...I think that it is the most suitable method ,prepare for a case like this time.

And...my challenge,....the deactivation of all the modules was performed first and then DCS:World was uninstalled.

After that, DCS:World 1.2.3 was installed again. When Su-25T was tested, it operated splendidly!

However,when the module of A-10C or others was installed, the game stopped... "DCS.exe" stopped completely like the time of updating to 1.2.3 first.

I did not give up but tried clean installation of Windows7 using a new SSD.

And OS was set up and DCS:World was installed again.

As a result...fault was not repaired...., "DCS.exe" hangs and stops.

But, the DCS.exe may operate to a strange thing and only 1 time of the beginning after Windows starting may be able to play a game to it.

What do these things mean...?

Does much time which I consumed bring me despair...?

In addition, although there is no telling whether to become helpful, the event log of windows is put on below.....

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Hang

- EventID 1002

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 101

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2013-02-27T23:05:04.000000000Z

EventRecordID 851

Channel Application

Computer GME

Security

- EventData

dcs.exe

eb4

01ce153ed8e0c0a5

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\dcs.exe

1dcc2b08-8132-11e2-b7a2-001bdc052535

430072006F00730073002D00700072006F00630065007300730000000000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Binary Data:

Word

0000: 00720043 0073006F 002D0073 00720070

0008: 0063006F 00730065 00000073 0000

Byte

0000: 43 00 72 00 6F 00 73 00 C.r.o.s.

0008: 73 00 2D 00 70 00 72 00 s.-.p.r.

0010: 6F 00 63 00 65 00 73 00 o.c.e.s.

0018: 73 00 00 00 00 00 s.....

Edited by foobolt

I think it's ok now to try and use the 'repair' function, see if that solves anything. You have pretty standard and common hardware including drivers so those shouldn't be a problem when 1.2.2 functioned within normal parameters.

Does DCS work properly again when you delete the modules in 'DCS World/mods/aircrafts' and 'DCS World/mods/tech' apart from the Su25? Or what happens when you try minimal settings?

This is manualy uninstalling modules and when DCS runs again you can conclude the downloads might be corrupt.

Try to use a networkcable when downloading instead of a wireless connection when you're on wireless.

Can i conclude that you are in Japan, because you use a japanese OS? It's possible the fileserver you download from might have a poor connection towards you. From which server do you download your files? A server further away might have a more stable connection.

Is your Win 7 OS japanese by native or is it english with a japanese language pack installed? Perhaps the english language pack is needed too somehow. That does't mean you'll have to use it and still use your OS in japanese.

Edited by BRooDJeRo

Oh yes,I am Japanese,live in Tokyo,Japan. Moreover, the same problem has been reported with several posts ,in the DCS community of Japan .

Although I also considered the possibility of the problem in Japanese Windows7, why is it that 1.2.2 was operating normally?

Furthermore, there is also a report of operating satisfactorily on the same Japanese Windows.

My all installer files were downloaded by torrent.

In order to check that the file is not damaged, I performed the MD5 hash check now, they are all right.

Therefore, I think that there was no problem in download.

Installation with my minimum composition,

[ RadeonHD7970 & 1Monitor ]

[ Keyboard & Mouse ]

[ without GameDevice,without OverClock ]

However, DCS.exe stops by a module, such as A-10C,also Su-25T stops,too.

"RepairDCS World" was also used, but the problem is not solved.

Although I don't know how to uninstall only a module, with World saved, I tried deletion of the module folder in a "DCS World\Mods" folder.

As for the result, Su-25T operated normally again!!

.....Don't any merely small problems exist here....?

Edited by foobolt

Deleting the module folder is the same as uninstalling a module so you did this the correct way.

When other japanese ppl with the same OS don't have these problems then it's most likely not the language pack indeed.

I'd try to direct download (non-torrent) a fresh module and see what happens.

One thing left is delete all C++ installations and re-install 2010 C++ x64 located in 'DCS World/distr/'.

Theres 2 versions in that folder, install the one named: vc2010redist_x64.exe .

Beyond this i'm fresh out of ideas for now unfortunatly.

I'm struggling with the identical issue.

I'm also using Japanese version of Windows 7 64bit, and my DCS.exe always stop working when loading 3D world.

I installed DCS: World and A-10C module, and had any issues before version 1.2.3.

Bug report was already sent to customer support.

I hope to be fixed this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you for very many support and hints,BRooDJeRo.

And also the report of PeCa_Chuck.

I got a new information in the community of Japan.

It is a setting of "Text Services and Input Languages", and a cause may be Japanese version Windows.

("Default Input Languege" change to Japanese->US)

The A-10C module at least worked by this setting!!

Since I am testing now, if I understand something, I will send a reply again.

Edited by foobolt

Thank you for watching this thread.

What I got to know until now is written.

[1] On Japanese Windows7, hanging may occur or it may not occur.

The condition is unknown although both may be.

[2] When hanging occurs, it can be avoided by changing the TextService to English.

[Like of this picture]

TextServices.jpg.bb7273b0328d8d77a580090456103145.jpg

Change "Default input language", "Japanese" to "English"

attachment.php?attachmentid=77806&stc=1&d=1362120205

It is above. If some new information can be acquired again, I will send a reply again.

Even so, it is very glad that DCS1.2.3 can be played! :pilotfly:

attachment.php?attachmentid=77806&stc=1&d=1362120205

Edited by foobolt

That's right,Japanese has very many text characters.

Pains are taken in order for ourselves to learn it, but a Japanese expression is very rich.:thumbup:

Although new information has after that nothing, the flight by DCS1.2.3 is very comfortable.

Since the FFB bug was solved, I have resumed strenuous practice of BrackShark!

• 3 weeks later...
Are foobolt's problems returning also?

PeCa, can u provide a fresh dcs.log as a txt file?

I appreciate your support.

I was realized that the installer of 1.2.3 may have a problem.

Because, I confirmed there is no problem if entire files are updated from 1.2.2 via autoupdater.

Please check the installer.

Please also check my dcs.log file.

Thanks.

dcs.log.txt

Edited by PeCa_Chuck