Wish: Try before you buy

Doc3908

I'm very tempted to buy the new P-47. I don't mind paying to support quality software development. However, after purchasing a few mods (e.g. FW190-A8, L-39) that I don't really enjoy, I'm very hesitant to buy anything else unless I try it first. The free trial period back in April and May allowed to me to figure out exactly which mods I want to add to my collection. But the P-47 wasn't out at the time...

I wonder if ED would consider allowing customers a limited (say 24 hours) trial period before buying. Or perhaps, you pay $5 to fly the plane for a couple of days - if you like it, you pay the rest and the plane is yours, otherwise all you lost was $5 (and had fun in the meantime).

Just my 2 cents...

Doc

Seems a quite reasonable suggestion. $5 like you say for 24hrs, SP only.

Could be very worthwhile, and ED or others get a little extra cash should the prospective buyer decide to not procure in full, and the buyer doesn’t buy a hanger queen.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

They already do free fly days... They literally JUST concluded a free flight for every module in the game.

But instead of waiting for these to come around, the idea presented could be run continuously, and have the added benefit of a little extra cash to the developers/ED.

Its a win/win.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

I like the idea, but perhaps it's easier if the concept of 'trial days' just catches on a bit.

Maybe. But surely instead of waiting maybe a few months to try that module you have your eye on, going with the OP's suggestion, you pay a few bucks, try it, if you like and want to keep it, you pay the remainder.

If however you don't actually like whichever module, all you have lost is just a few bucks (which is a good little boost in the pot for ED/devs) instead of for example a 50 - 70 bucks loss.

Or you can just wait a few months and hope that your module will be on offer . . . .

Edited by garyscott
grammar

I agree with this. A limit like 2 hours flight time should be sufficient to get a grasp if the module is for you. I can however sympathize with ED because it may have the opposite effect as well. During the free month, I flew a lot of WW2 Birds and realized it was not for me. Same with the C-101 - this after pining for both that one and the Spitfire.

That said, considering that the free trial periods increased ED Sales by four times, I would guess we will see more of them.

signature.png