Operation Black Bear Campaign for the JF-17 Thunder

JonathanRL

The Second Russian Civil War
Operation Black Bear

In the 1993 Russian constitutional crisis, President Boris Jeltsin attempted to crush the Highest Soviet by laying siege to the Russian White House. While the Siege itself was successful and the house taken, many Soviets managed to escape Moscow and spend the following years rallying forces and support in the outlying regions of Russia with the ultimate aim of crushing the Capitalist regime in Moscow once and for all.

With the casualties from Russian invasion of Georgia and conflict in Chechnya making Putin's rule more unpopular in many parts of Russia as well as effects from the 2007-2008 financial crisis in the United States, many Russian Citizens long for a return to the old ways, lending further support for the Soviet leaders in hiding.

November 2013, they make their move triggering a coup with military support. The coup however fails due to overwhelming support for Putin in the west and north of Russia. The Soviets fall back to their heartland of central and eastern russia and prepare to take power the long and hard way. The Second Russian Civil War has begun.

You are a pilot from Kuban Private Security, a PMC established in 1999 to sell air support services to clients all over the world.

You and your colleagues have been enlisted by the state to provide air combat services in the war against the Soviet Insurrection.

Key Features:

• Fly the JF-17 Thunder in defence of the Motherland against those who would return it to darker days.
  • Preform ten missions such as combat air patrol, anti-ship, low level attack and deployment of precision munitions against a large variety of targets.
  • Work together with the Russian Air Force and your co-workers in Kuban Security to bring peace to the Black Sea Region.

Download link:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3319981/

Runway.jpg

SochiStrike.jpg

Splash.jpg

Wingmen.jpg

Edited by JonathanRL
  • Thanks 1

signature.png

Very nice campaign it seems, so far much more interesting than Deka's...

Had no waypoint in mission 1 (as for previous version)... so edited it and solved the problem :).

Cheers for your hard work.

ATCS840, Antec Quattro 1200W, Asrock X370 Taichi, R5 3600X, 2x8Gb FlareX C14, RX5700XT Nitro, 3x26" 5760x1200, TrackIr 5, TM Warthog No331, Saitek Rudder.

Had no waypoint in mission 1

Huh. That's what I get for looking at the big bugs. Either way, fixed. New version uploaded with minor fixes for mission 1, 3 and 10. Re-downloading and replacing the .miz files only to save progression are highly recommended :)

signature.png

Finished, it was very very good. Mission 10 was a bit too far if Im being picky. Then I got the hypoxia bug and had to restart 3X and eventually resigning to fly at 12000ft so I wouldn’t pass out. Annoying, but not your fault.

My favorite I think was the convoy interdiction (M06), and the one following that M07 scramble. Lots of great times, thanks!!

Finished, it was very very good. Mission 10 was a bit too far if Im being picky. Then I got the hypoxia bug and had to restart 3X and eventually resigning to fly at 12000ft so I wouldn’t pass out. Annoying, but not your fault.

My favorite I think was the convoy interdiction (M06), and the one following that M07 scramble. Lots of great times, thanks!!

Never heard of any hypoxia bug, you're sure that it is a bug?

Never heard of any hypoxia bug
I have heard of it but never encountered it myself.

Mission 10 was a bit too far if Im being picky
It is intended for the pilot to look at the fuel gage, at all the fights around them and try to keep their focus. So yes, this is by design :)

Kuban Security will most likely be the framwork for all my JF-17 Campaigns. I have already outlined the next one. You can read all about it here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xDvsfmYHtoUnGXxGp2VWZSC62YRD8W1Zg46xaWl5ovg/edit

signature.png

• 1 month later...

You can see me flying it here:

I would give you the advise to not be too hasty. You have a long way to fly and there is a lot of friendlies to help you - the friendlies will engage a lot of the enemy aircraft. The MIG 31s and SU 27s are powerful air-to-air assets so make sure they go in first. Give ample space; about two-three minutes or more until you run in after them.

Finding the Mainstay in the mess is tricky so if it appears on your RWR, it is always better to follow the radar signals rather than any actual contacts. Once in range, order your flight to engage. And mind your fuel. It is a fuel intense mission.

signature.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Okey so with Desert Thunder 2.7 out the door, I will revisit Black Bear and since I am the person I am, the campaign will receive an overhaul. I am simply not pleased with the quality currently and will make sure the Campaign has the basics I come to expect from myself. That being "Skip Mission" function, Briefing Flight Map and more efficient triggers as well as mission specific fixes (for example making Mission 3 take less time to play)

I do not have any time estimate of when this will be done but know that is being worked upon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

signature.png

• 1 month later...

I have not forgotten about this but I have been very busy in my personal life, as well as making Campaigns for my Squadron. Just want to keep you updated.

Currently working on Mission 7. Hopefully, the rest of the missions will not require as extensive modifications "behind the hood" as some of the others.

• Like 3

signature.png

• JonathanRL changed the title to Operation Black Bear Campaign for the JF-17 Thunder
  • uboats pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the campaign!! It's very fun. Thanks for your time.

Owned sorted by use: F-5E | JF-17 | F/A-18C | FC3 | A-10C II | L-39 | M-2000C | New adquisition: F-16C  🔸Mods: A-4E-C

In the spotlight: Mirage F1 | Syria        🔸Terrains: Nevada | Persian Gulf

• 3 months later...

Yeah, in all the hectic of getting a new job and moving and a bunch of other stuff, I completely forgot about updating this Campaign. I will see what I can do to get it through the door at the best opportunity but I am past trying to give any sort of promises. I know the one that currently is in works well enough but I also know it can be better and it will. Thanks for your patience.

• Thanks 1

signature.png

• 3 weeks later...

STATUS ON THE 2.7 UPDATE

The progress so far is good. Eight missions has been updated but I may feel the need to back and revisit a few of them. 
All missions that I marked as updated now has:
- Bolt Flight Voicelines
- Briefing Maps
- 2.7 Weather
- More helpful waypoints (e.g waypoints being at ground level in target areas)
- Anti Frustration Measures
- Some missions - especially Mission 3 and 6 streamlined and updated more to the original vision.
- New Units / Updated Units (such as Mi-24P rather than Mi-24V and similar).

WHAT IS LEFT TO DO?

Mission 9 and 10 needs to be updated. After that, I will do a quick check to make sure all missions have all of the above; adding as required. After that, I will release the update.

WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG?

I realise that this does not sound as much work and its not. When I do sit down and get to it, the work takes maybe a couple of hours per mission at most. But finding time, motivation and inspiration is vital to me. I am trying to make this campaign up to par with Desert Thunder, not just add the new weather. I want it to benefit from what I learned about mission creation. I also am one of only two people who make Campaigns for my Squadron so that takes up a lot of that time and effort.

WHATS NEXT?

I have not decided yet. A Campaign for the Mirage F1 is absolutely in the cards, same with a Campaign for the MB 339. Both are projects I really want to support and that I could make work with a Campaign. That does not mean I have given up on the JF-17; rather I have more ideas. One of them is the JF-17 on the Marianas in a Falklands style scenario but where you defend the Islands from a Carrier-borne force. The second is about the involvement of Kuban Security in the Syrian Civil War. The third is to make a Red Flag Campaign but with the Pakistani Air Force flying the Jeff over Nevada. I have also ideas for a Mosquito Campaign set in post-war Cyprus but I am not very handy with those assets so it may wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

signature.png

• 5 months later...

Hi Jonathan.

I've been trying mission2 but bridge doesn't get destroyed. I tried one GBU at time, and two at the same time and although bridge gets impacted it doesn't get destroyed, so target trigger won't activate. I can modify the trigger so it activates as soon as it gets impacts or at X life points, but my main concern is... am I doing something wrong with the GBU?

Thank you and regards!

Edited by deeleyer

I'll look into it but try with another weapon in the meantime? It is possible a patch might created trouble in that regard.
As far as I remember, the trigger was altered from "bomb in zone" to "object destroyed" so changing weapon SHOULD be a good workaround.

As for the GBUs, are you sure you have activated their fuzes? That is at least what I forget the most when I drop GBUs.

• Thanks 1

signature.png

• 2 weeks later...