DCS Updater Torrent Folder Issue

I get the warning from today's installer saying that files on my download drive may be deleted in I continue so I exited. I think the problem started when I had a fairly small SSD drive and it automatically found a drive with more space and changed the path to that drive. I have a large enough game drive now and I need to change the path back so that my files won't get deleted. I still have the file E:\DCS World\_downloads\.torrents folder in my main DCS Open Beta directory so I need to point the downloader there instead of on my backup drive. Any help would be appreciated.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had the same issue, it looks like the custom download folder is specified in the autoupdate_settings.cfg file. I edited it to point to an empty folder and could download the update with no error.

Thanks Sanj, I only wanted to know how to change the path and I did the same thing and it worked for me as well. I just didn't know what file to edit.

I changed it from this:

D:\\

To this:

E:\DCS World\_downloads\\

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the report!

It does incorrectly assume that previous torrent files are yours. The fix is in the works.

So what do we do now?

Do we need to cancel the update and wait for another hotfix, or can we just ignore this warning and proceed, or do we need to do something else? :helpsmilie:

Update: This is the first Error message and I have stopped here.

This is referring to files that are in my DCS Openbeta installation.

D:\Program files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\_downloads

1753243608_DCSInstallerError2020-07-16090352.jpg.079424c0e33f01954a40a0cd0ce7e4ad.jpg

Edited by Phantom453

I pressed "Continue" and have no issues.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Oh, it's just tripping on some files that weren't flagged as expected yet (being part of the updater) or the downloader isn't cleaning up all of the ones it should.

The point is that the files are not your files or other game files. This feature was just introduced and will probably be improved as time goes on.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• ED Team

It is safe to continue, the only issue is that the filename detection code is overly strict at the moment and the updater won't delete its own torrent files that are not needed anymore.

This is a tricky situation to get out from, because some users had used the "choose download folder" feature neither the way we intended nor the way we tested it. And in some cases the download folder they had chosen is a drive root or another useful folder. So now the updater should be as cautious as possible to keep their files and at the same time to delete its own junk which is not trivial to detect because some of the files were temp ones created by the torrent library...

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

It is safe to continue, the only issue is that the filename detection code is overly strict at the moment and the updater won't delete its own torrent files that are not needed anymore.

This is a tricky situation to get out from, because some users had used the "choose download folder" feature neither the way we intended nor the way we tested it. And in some cases the download folder they had chosen is a drive root or another useful folder. So now the updater should be as cautious as possible to keep their files and at the same time to delete its own junk which is not trivial to detect because some of the files were temp ones created by the torrent library...

Thanks for the advice and insight :thumbup:

Just for clarification:

1. I got the same warning (see https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.p...1&d=1594856372),

2. so I moved the directory F:\DCS World OpenBeta\_downloads\.torrents to a different location and

3. was afterwards able to update to version 2.5.6.52196 without any further (noticeable) issues.

There is no such file like autoupdate_settings.cfg in my OpenBeta installation folder.

My questions:

-Am i now good?

-Will I still be able to use torrent for future updating process or should I move the .torrents folder back under _downloads\ ?

Many thanks!

• ED Team

-Am i now good?

-Will I still be able to use torrent for future updating process or should I move the .torrents folder back under _downloads\ ?

Many thanks!

You can delete that .torrents folder. It is just the temp files from the last previous operation, which you cancelled. It won't influence the torrents once/if they become available.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.