Google Headset 5k, 1443ppi, 120hz reveal in May

NineGzuz

And that the glove controllers are optional... ;)

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Holy hell though even with 'foveated rendering', my rough hack amateur estimate based on my Vive is that the Google headset is going to take one monster of a computer...

Having said that...it sounds pretty ideal.

Prolly not so much on the CPU but might need a GPU farm,.. :music_whistling:

Although what happens if you independently move you eyes?

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

This isn't a headset, just a display, according to the article.

For those those that think that this will require multiple 1080Tis, think again. With Foveated rendering only the part of the display where you are looking will be rendered at full resolution, which for this display is around 3x that of the rift / vive. The rest of the display can be rendered at a much lower resolution because you don't need to see as fine details there, and you can't. Researchers reckon about 2x-3x increase in performance using foveated renderring, so it may not be as bad as one would think.

misleading post...

not new headset..

but new display.

A new display for a VR headset! Unless you can think of some other way to stick a 4.3" 5k screen in front of your face ;-)

Their presentation lists: "18 Mpixel 4.3-in. 1443-ppi 120-Hz OLED Display for Wide-Field-of-View High-Acuity Head-Mounted Displays"

I guess it's possible they won't be showing it off inside a headset (although that would seem kind of silly to me, given the specifications, since the naked eyes would not do a screen like this any justice).While it doesn't say it directly, it strongly suggests that 5k headset is coming soon and that is exciting to me :D

Edited by NineGzuz

your post should have said, new display by google shown in may for vr headsets.

your thread title is misleading because it is read as the new google vr headset by google in may.

Oh please, you make it sound like I've cheated you out of something. I did my best with the limited title space, and that's why I posted the article so that everyone could get the full details.

Like I said, it's a head mounted display, they will most likely be showing it inside a headset.

This is what I'm waiting for I suppose. My oculus will do for now. But since these will be lenses I wonder if they will be placed in a current hmd. Would be cool if we could just buy the lenses and switch the ones out from the oculus but I don't think that is possible.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

So about the time the 1180ti comes so should a headset with this screen. That would be a perfect upgrade for my 1080ti/Odyssey combo. Paired with a Ryzen 3800x and I’ll be rockin’...

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

So about the time the 1180ti comes so should a headset with this screen. That would be a perfect upgrade for my 1080ti/Odyssey combo. Paired with a Ryzen 3800x and I’ll be rockin’...
Yea that would be nice timing. Or 2080ti whatever they decide to name it.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

The path from a technical paper on display technology to a finished, tested end product, can be long, tortuous, and full of potholes, obstructions and other unexpected delays. I'm just sayin'...

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone