The Viggen Pitch Trim is Ridiculous

sawacs

I went in earlier and tried the pitch trim again and still nothing:joystick:

Again, I have made sure to check that the control sticks are set correctly in the control assignment screen and everything is set just fine and shows the correct button working when the pitch trim is moved up or down. I also tried out the default up and down trim assignments pertaining to the keyboard and those did not work either.

The pitch trim does work providing the engines are running when entering the mission. Anything from a cold startup does not work.

I've no issues whatsoever atm, can you confirm that holding pitch up trim for at least 5 seconds has no effect on the pitch trim gauges? Even when you give it just a hint of pull back on the stick?

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

I've no issues whatsoever atm, can you confirm that holding pitch up trim for at least 5 seconds has no effect on the pitch trim gauges? Even when you give it just a hint of pull back on the stick?

I can hold the pitch trim button down for a month and there is no movement:joystick: When the trim does work, starting with the engines running, the trim moves right along.

"When they passed out brains you thought they said trains and you missed both!"

I can hold the pitch trim button down for a month and there is no movement:joystick: When the trim does work, starting with the engines running, the trim moves right along.

Ah just read you also noted holding it down for a while in the OP, sorry I didn't realise you were the OP and the one still having issues. My suggestion box is running a bit empty now..

The final thing I can think of is trying to trim in different master modes: BER vs NAV, and with the computer to outputting either AKT POS like usual or REF/LOLA.

The reason is I've sometimes found the Viggen giving me very minor bugs (or just working like intended, never investigated) when I was running incorrect modes/outputting incorrect readings on the computer display. This is really one of the final things I can think of.

OT question:

Has anyone noticed not being able to switch waypoints when not outputting AKT/POS?

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

The trim fix did solve the issue for me. Trim is now working fine for me, even when doing cold starts.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Have you guys tried using the attitude autopilot to trim the plane?

My pitch trim does work but I almost never use it. I just click the attitude autopilot on and off again and it trims the plane immediately on all axis.

Shame that guy who got a refund didn't know he could just double click the attitude autopilot...

• 6 months later...
That's the only way I trim, a quick altitude/attitude hold and she's all trimmed out. :)

Yup.... Viggen 1, every-other-aircraft 0.

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming

For me in cold start the trim don´t work. Flying no problem...

Works fine here. Can you provide some additional infos on what exactly you are doing?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg