Deffered Shading reduced night visibility to almost zero

Delareon

Hi,

in 2.5 (same as in 2.2) as soon as you turn on Deffered Shading, you cant see anything in front of you.

While im totally fine if night visibility isnt that good, its dark after all, the taxi lights should be able to light things up in front of you, at least a few meters.

Also Flash light, like in the Harrier is so weak you cant find a button in the pit when its dark.

With Gamma Settings you can reduce the mess but its still not really playable at night.

since the 2.5 looks so amazing in a day mission with deffered shading on (and really ugly if its off) this bug makes the experience even worser.

please please please do finally something about it.

I rather liked the fact that it was utterly pitch black, well apart from where there were lights.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I rather liked the fact that it was utterly pitch black, well apart from where there were lights.

If the lights would actually illuminate the world as they should, but they don't.

How it should look like (Deferred Shading off):

attachment.php?attachmentid=177190&d=1517418929

How it actually looks like (Deffered Shading on):

attachment.php?attachmentid=177187&d=1517418924

attachment.php?attachmentid=177191&d=1517419142

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Agreed. In my view deferred shading behaviour in low light conditions is THE MOST IMPORTANT fix right now. Even finding a period of full moon wont fix it.

The stars are all but invisible across all thee maps also.

Deferred shading in 2.2 nighttime Normandy and NTTR were a little broken re cockpit floods ect, but doable and the night skies were very pretty, but 2.5 has broken the lot it appears.

Starting to wish I had not upgraded...

Tried DS off for first time since I got it via Normandy, but cannot get along with terrain that looks like a photographic negative.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

I guess it is part of the problem, as well as object rendering in general, but unless you zoom all the way in you can't see streetlights or any other lamps on the ground from any reasonable distance. Lit streets and lit urban areas should be visible for several dozen miles in good weather.

These issues make 2.5 night time unplayable for me at the moment.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron