Reputation system - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 10:29 AM   #21
cichlidfan
Veteran

I believe the limit is around two weeks.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
Old 02-18-2018, 12:29 AM   #22
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
I quite often get the message "Sorry you cannot give reputation to this post", even when the post is not very old.
I thought it was a month, though Cichlidfan is probably right and it's quite possibly two weeks.

Also be aware that the entire Chit Chat part of the forum doesn't allow rep to be given.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:00 AM   #23
scotth6

OK Thanks.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:15 PM   #24
Vitormouraa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgon View Post
I thought it was a month, though Cichlidfan is probably right and it's quite possibly two weeks.

Also be aware that the entire Chit Chat part of the forum doesn't allow rep to be given.
I thought you had to rep 50 other people before giving to the same person? Even if that's not the case, it doesn't seem to be one week, it feels much more!

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Old 02-19-2018, 11:31 PM   #25
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitormouraa View Post
I thought you had to rep 50 other people before giving to the same person? Even if that's not the case, it doesn't seem to be one week, it feels much more!
That's yet another counter.

Only relatively new posts can receive rep. If a post is too old, the message would be "You can not give reputation to this post", but it doesn't really explain why.

Then there's the issue of not being allowed to give rep to the same user too often: "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to XYZ again". When I last kept count, I had to give rep to exactly 50 users (or was it 49?) before I could rep the same user again. Not sure if there's an additional timer at work there.

And then there's actually a message that goes something like "You have given around too much reputation in the last 24 hours. Wait some before you give reputation again" or so, which I happened to run into during releases or during screenshot events, when people kept posting awesome stuff practically by the minute.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:26 AM   #26
Vitormouraa

lol true!

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Old 03-01-2018, 04:09 AM   #27
Wader8

I've tried to give rep but I got the error messege 3 times in the last 2 months, I think I did not give rep in 1 year, so now I forgot which people I wanted to add rep, those people have now been robbed of their well deserved recognition oy

This could be some browser issue maybe, I'm now only with latest firefox (quantum, e10s) when talking about DCS since I have it only here on Win10 and so far firefox hasn't disappointed yet majorly.

One thing I can't do with firefox is resize the freaking write post window.

But I remember I tried it back on Win7 with Chrome, so it ain't working here or there.

Last edited by Wader8; 03-01-2018 at 04:12 AM.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:08 AM   #28
ArturDCS

How has it been abused again?

Old 03-17-2018, 11:12 AM   #29
BIGNEWY
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturDCS View Post
How has it been abused again?
Have a read here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=203956&page=12