IFR & VFR Real Charts

JorgeIII

In the 476th we've been working on DCS Flight Information Publications for Georgia and Russia based on the DOD Flight Information Publications format (yes, when completed will be released to the public to include the modified beacons.lua file). With this mod we'll be able to develop instrument procedures for 99% of the current modeled airfields.

Thank you so much!You and the 476th are doing a fantastic job for this community! Keep up the great job your doing!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

• 1 month later...
I made a quick mission for landing with IFR at Batumi. Step by step instructions with pics are provided in the link. Feel free to correct any error.

Link:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1669588#post1669588

...snip

Hey JorgeIII, I was so impressed with this mission I made a Youtube video out of it!

Hope people find it useful. (I edited the mission slightly to make it a bit more beginner friendly!)

A quick update...

We've (the 476th vFG) have gotten ILS to work on both ends of the runway. It was quite simple honestly and once we figured it out we couldn't believe we (or no one else for that matter) thought of it.

Only the active runway will have working ILS. Within DCS World each airport has a "default" active runway. If you set wind blowing down the other end the active will change and ILS will work. BUT you have to set the wind to at least 10 knots for the active to change to the other end.

We're fine tuning our mod but once it's done I'll upload and share with the community. Here is what we've done so far (ps, we also changed the ATC freqs and other information to match real world where applicable):

Note: Not every airfield real world has ILS so we limited the airfields we included ILS on. We did however "construct" TACAN stations at all airfields in theater.

Presentation1_zps654e189d.png

• Like 1

A quick update...

We've (the 476th vFG) have gotten ILS to work on both ends of the runway. It was quite simple honestly and once we figured it out we couldn't believe we (or no one else for that matter) thought of it.

Only the active runway will have working ILS. Within DCS World each airport has a "default" active runway. If you set wind blowing down the other end the active will change and ILS will work. BUT you have to set the wind to at least 10 knots for the active to change to the other end.

We're fine tuning our mod but once it's done I'll upload and share with the community. Here is what we've done so far (ps, we also changed the ATC freqs and other information to match real world where applicable):

Note: Not every airfield real world has ILS so we limited the airfields we included ILS on. We did however "construct" TACAN stations at all airfields in theater.

Sounds great! Will the mod include IFR approach charts?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We're working on instrument approach charts as well as standard departure charts. Once they're completed they will be released to the public.

Glad to hear that. DCS World is in need of such documentation. Roughly in how many percent are you done with those charts?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We're working on instrument approach charts as well as standard departure charts. Once they're completed they will be released to the public.

Great thread here and thanks to all who have contributed.

Looking forward to the mod - as one poster pointed out flying is a huge part of this and a part I enjoy as much as the combat. Having the means to follow real world procedures makes it all just that much more real, at least for me.

Keep up the good work!

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS

• 5 months later...

Still WiP. It takes a long time to turn out the approach and departure charts.], especially when they have to be made from scratch in most cases as there are no real world charts to use as a base. This means that the procedure has to be developed in line with real world IFR rules etc, before it can be charted.

Although the charts for the current theatres might not be released as we've had to make a few modifications to the sim (TACAN, ILS, and ATC frequencies) to allow for realistic charts and procedures. So without those mods (which would likely prevent people flying on public servers) the current charts would not be valid.

Hopefully that'll change with future theatres and we'll be able to release our charts, and much faster as well. Nevada should be quite easy as we have the real world charts to start with.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Thanks Eddie for the fast answer

I understand the difficulty, at Escuadron 69we're trying to edit & fly realistics missions and I was looking for user-made ones, because I know only Batumi, Tbilisi & Kutaisi has real ones... well, we'll made provisional ones

thank you & 476th vFG for this and others greats works ;)