Strawpoll SP vs MP, which do you play?

dcsil2pilot

Been done before. The devs themselves said the majority of customers play offline. Common sense : You can readily see how many people are online, and it is clearly not enough to sustain such a massively complex enterprise. Logically, most of them aren't online.

Also : search

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Only 277 votes so far but surprising Multiplayer is winning by far.

Probably more multiplayer people use the forums.

Because many of the issues encountered in MP, these players tend to be the most vocal.

I admit to usually playing MP but I have no doubt that SP is by far (10x) more popular. As someone pointed out, on a weekend you will see roughly a few hundred people in MP during peak times, but even on steam metrics, you'll see several times more playing DCS than on MP at the same time, and they (Steam players) also represent a small minority of overall player base .

But I do "guesstimate" that players MP play more hours per player/week than say a SP. In the end, ED have the exact numbers and make their decisions base don these numbers.

Edited to change 100X to 10X which is what I wanted to say in first place.

Edited by Dagger71

Only 277 votes so far but surprising Multiplayer is winning by far.

Probably more multiplayer people use the forums.

This was posted on Hoggit, the ED discord, and here, so it's not just whoever is looking at the forums.

MP is winning out for sure, but thats not to say it's the majority. It does show that more people are playing MP than what ED are saying. Last I remember, they were claiming something like 10% of players play MP, which is completely inaccurate.

It does show that more people are playing MP than what ED are saying. Last I remember, they were claiming something like 10% of players play MP, which is completely inaccurate.

You can't draw that conclusion from this poll, it's just selection bias. Most players don't play online or participate in forums/Hoggit.

This was posted on Hoggit, the ED discord, and here, so it's not just whoever is looking at the forums.

MP is winning out for sure, but thats not to say it's the majority. It does show that more people are playing MP than what ED are saying. Last I remember, they were claiming something like 10% of players play MP, which is completely inaccurate.

That is the most accurate guess when looking at current Steam matrix/MP server populations. Say on a given day there are 500 MPs on concurrently . Go to steam metrics and you will easily see 1500-2000 currently playing.

Now multiply that by a factor of 4 (just to be conservative it could be 8-10X) and you will get the stand alone players.

It will almost always be a 10/1 ratio.

Now its hard to do these days due to the OB bugs (people have rolled back) but when we have a good patch, these number come up consistently.

Yeah, cause the guys running all the infrastructure that everybody connects too and have a databse of IP addresses as any server owner does are too stupid to count, or they're nefariously lying. Thank God for random internet polls that uncover the truth! Stand tall against the Deep Dev secretly running a MMO sweatfarm! /sarcasm

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

This

Why do we do these polls that really tell nobody anything every month now?

P.S.: And why do we then also run them on an external website for no reason at all?

strawpoll.com is fairly easy to "cheat" - so you can vote multiple times - I am not going to post how as I hate cheating but GIY.

I would imagine that many SP players simply don't visit forums that often not to mention this section - they simply go to DCS and fly their game.

It's fairly easy to ask your buddies from the MP to go and vote via multiplayer events/sessions, vs. not that easy to ask all SP players to vote.

Looking at registered members, here in the forums.eagle.ru vs. MP server stats, or even better,

Nick Grey saying that in close to 10 years A-10C sold 160k copies - compare that number to MP server stats.

Sure, MP is definitely important to many, but these polls do not show anything meaningful.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta