Sound / Volume reduction when view changed back to Cockpit

The_Bullet_Chef

Hello all,

May I ask if anyone else gets the following small, but noticeable sound / volume issue? -

After cycling through or choosing an external view, then going back into cockpit (F1), the cockpit sound / volume (engine noise, wind noise, basically the entire cockpit volume) is significantly reduced for about 3 - 4 seconds, then slowly ramps back up to the normal level again...

It's not too much, but enough to be noticed and break immersion.

It happens with all my aircraft (ED standard aircraft & all my purchased modules) on any map.

I wanted to see if it's happening with anyone else or just me.

Please feel free to comment...

Thanks in advance...

Not getting this. What audio hardware do you use?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Thanks...!!

Hello, I think this is some kind of dynamic compression of your audio card. Try checking your audio settings.

You are a genius..!! There was a setting within my Sound Blaster Software called 'Smart Volume' which dynamically adjusts volume to prevent sudden volume changes. i disabled it and now the sound DOES NOT reduce when re-entering the cockpit from external views.

I can't believe how long I have been playing DCS like this.. haha

Your help is very much appreciated..

Thanks again