Notices

Old 01-15-2019, 02:57 AM   #21
nwbasson

Still not fixed
nwbasson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 09:07 PM   #22
Seb71

Yeah, not fixed.

A few months ago I edited the mission to be later (so more light), as I read in this thread and that way I was able to complete it. The mission should be set to start at least one hour later. But better 2 hours later or even more.

I just played this training mission again (now without editing it). I could get the Shkval to lock on one tank, but only after I am closer than the minimum range for that Kh-29T missile.

I tried circling over the target until the Sun gets higher and the light gets better, but there is not enough fuel for the time you need to wait.

So I tried another way: I landed on the other airfield nearby, I re-supplied and I waited there for better light. I took off and, with the better light, I could get the Shkval to lock while I still was farther away than the minimum range for the missile.
Seb71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:06 AM   #23
nwbasson

I just edited the time of training mission, but it is supposed to be a training mission, you don't expect new players to know how to fix it.
nwbasson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:14 AM   #24
MadDog-IC
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by v81 View Post
Not meaning to offend anyone, but clear and simple things are being missed.

Things reported multiple times, things that are a 5 minute fix, things that are important.

My first comments on the SU-25T training missions being broken go back 2+ years and are posted in an appropriate section of the forum.

In a recent thread i re-visited the SU25T training and know being a little more confident in the editor tested and verified a few fixes.

I listed these fixes, and the thread is yet to get a reply.
I would like to say, whilst ED have their own time table as to what gets priority and when things get fixed, I also have my own priorities and preferences, such as the Su-25T, Su-27 + 33, Ka-50, A-10c.

I personally take notice of all user reports on faulty ED Modules missions and campaigns:-
  1. I can investigate and then log the fault with ED if I can replicate it (Within my understanding and I can define it well) and it requires work done that I can't do.
  2. Other wise I will log it for myself and correct the missions at a later date and then submit to ED for inclusion to DCS.
  3. Like ED I will not always respond in posts as it destracts from the work to be done.
Think of it this way:-
  1. If no one ever posts any fault reports, then nothing will ever be fixed.
  2. If multiple people complain of the same fault and it is easy to reproduce or good .trk files or video showing the problem are supplied, some one will take notice and in time it will be corrected.
  3. Don't expect to be consoled about your issues, just report and move on, you can't control what others do.
Quote:
Even if the task is palmed off to blind freddy, making these changes and pushing them out in a rush would be better then nothing.

Surely someone knows that many of the training missions are broken, but it isn't considered important.

Like i said, no offense, but whatever sifting is being done is missing some long standing and glaring issues.
I agree with your comments, and this blind freddy is doing his bit to help, but rushing things out isn't an option as the work load has increased 5-10 fold on what it was for me alone, doing things officially takes much more time that you can appreciate (Never just a 5 minute fix if your thorough).

Myself, I am acutely aware of not only the missions you talk of being faulty, but just about all missions based on the Caucusas map.

All being said the current work for me are the Ka-50 campaigns - GOW and Deployment, so any work on the Su-25T training is well down the list in time frame for me.

Regards, Ian.
Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.
MadDog-IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:37 AM   #25
Seb71

I don't know if the Shkval camera should or should not get a lock under those lighting conditions, from a far enough distance.

The locking issue (if that is the issue) can be dealt with later.

But in the meantime, it would be very easy to fix this training mission, by changing the time of the mission. Make it start at 12:00, for instance. Make this edit and put it in the next DCS patch.
Seb71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:03 PM   #26
spoon95

The kh-29t missile needs to be used in well-lit conditions to achieve its effective range.
Although it can be used in low-light environments, the distance to lock the target is much shorter.
It is usually too close to the target to hit successfully.
During the training session, your questions did not arise because the light was sufficient.
In low-light environments you can choose other weapons that work well for you.

Last edited by spoon95; 02-20-2019 at 02:05 PM.
spoon95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:52 AM   #27
v81

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog-IC View Post
I would like to say, whilst ED have their own time table as to what gets priority and when things get fixed, I also have my own priorities and preferences....

Regards, Ian.

Appreciate the response Ian, but the most annoying this is...

1)Affects all

2) Show stopper for new comers.
3) Multiple complaints
4) Easily reproduced
5) Easily fixed (wind mission time forward an hour or 2)
6) I've submitted a report through the official bug report form *including* a fixed .MIZ -- would have been well over a year ago now.

There are probably process and procedures in place, but at some point someone at ED has to wake up and think hey, we know we're shipping faulty training missions and we've been handed a fix on a platter, let's use it.

I've submitted sever other issues well over a year ago now, all with good notes, effecting all users that want to use training missions in DCS World and Flaming Cliffs, easily reproducible, often with a replacement .MIZ

Many have been acknowledged, but nothing has been done.
Trivial stuff like gate height in a Su-25T training mission, i assume it broke with the new caucuses map release (gates were set above MSL, my .MIZ sets them AGL and tweaks to ensure transition from gate to gate is smooth.
Not a single gate needed moving except for a minor tweak to the last gate to line up with the target, just height adjustments.

The issue in this thread, consider Joe Blow trying DSC World WILL encounter these issues. Makes it a bad intro to DCS, and will loose customers.

I can understand these not getting priority if they needed investigating, but given i have submitted several tested fixes over a year ago some large gains can be made to put 90% of these issues to bed in less than an afternoon of work.

Sure you could test them, validate them etc... but if time is an issue then let's just be realistic, DCS is shipping faulty missions, take a chance on dropping in untested but well documented replacements from an enthusiastic community. Risk assessment - worst case scenario, doing nothing means continuing with known faulty mission, if offered fix has some obscure fault then no net loss, best case, training mission is now able to be completed, new and/or returning users happy.

If they still have the .MIZ see if you can get them to drag / drop / ship it in the next release.

As far as communications go it would be great to see a new ticketing system where we can see bugs submitted by others.
Even git hub would be better than what er have.
There is an enthusiastic community that would be more than happy to both report on, attempt fix for and test these training missions at no cost to DCS.

The bugs themselves don't bother me so much as the trivial nature of fixing them being passed over.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:33 PM   #28
NineLine
Community Manager

I just flew the mission, and was able to lock the missile, is anyone still seeing an issue?
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 01:21 PM   #29
discwalker

I saw the mission is highly improved.
The trick is for Kh-29T is the adjustment of the target box size. I successfully AC locked the MBT and deployed that missile.

But I failed with the KAB-500Kr, with AC lock guided bomb fallen in unguided mode.
I tried several times to wait for launch authorization, but bomb not launched. Minimum and maximum ranges overlapped almost every time.
Then I pushed weapon release early and hold, then bomb released in unguided mode.
(No track, LastMissionTrack.trk not saved by DCS)
EDIT:KAB-500Kr case solved, need to use above 1500m and wait for Launch Authorize

Last edited by discwalker; 07-17-2019 at 09:48 PM. Reason: solved
discwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:45 AM   #30
NineLine
Community Manager

ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, training